Saturday, December 1, 2007

COMMENTS - HEY GUYS YOU MADE MY DAY


I worked last night, reception for 200. Working for my amazing caterer friend & neighbor has been good for me. I can't explain it, it's like my mind goes kind of blank & I don't worry about things for most of the time I'm there. I only work when it's busy so I haven't been up there since early October. Thank goodness I'm really too busy.

Well, I have had a lot on my mind. The missionary, Megan's upcoming plans (don't ask I'll explain someday), Christmas coming... nothing stresses me out like Christmas coming. Well last night at work everything was smooth until I spilled some water then tried to quickly over correct myself not to spill more... then knocked over a large, very large pretty room screen divider thingy that they place in front of the area we put used glasses until we take them all into the kitchen. Anyhow, it completely fell over hitting the table of drinks (also in glasses) Luckily no one was in the buffet room since it was basically over. The cakes were put away just a few drinks lingering for thirsty people. Well the partition thing fell hard onto the drinks, crashing down spilling & breaking glasses (3-4), sparkling white grape juice & water everywhere. The best part was when the mother of the bride came in & the photographer got a picture - what an idiot. For some reason I just mentally lost it. It all cleaned up I wasn't really upset about it anymore, just everything else on my mind came flooding back. So completely overwhelmed on the drive home- I bawled my eyes out. Basically I had a hard night.

WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS?

I WOKE UP TO TONS OF COMMENTS ON MY BLOG!
Thanks I really needed tons of comments on my blog today.

Getting a comment on my blog is like a confirmation that it's okay. That someone cared enough to enlighten me, or just validate what I had to say. A comment can change the blogger's perception, definitely enhances and usually completes a blog entry. Plus the conversations that go on in the comments are really fun to read.

4 comments:

wende said...

Oh Patsy! Your poor thing, some times you just need a good cry and that is ok. Some day I will tell you the story of my most horrific experience as a wedding photographer. Let's just say that I almost killed a flautist, it was a bad bad day and I bawled my eyes out on the drive home too. Then I took 800mg of Ibuprophen and slept of my migraine until the next day. You will laugh about it later I promise, but not without shaking your head in disbelief that it happened at all. Love ya!

PaD said...

Sounds like you had one of those days.

One of the most embarrassing things I ever did was when I was at work too.

Being from the South the race thing 50 years ago was not as good as it is today. I had some black friends that worked with me at the Big restaurant in Wichita Kansas. I was talking to one of my Black friends, a young man. I asked him, "how old are you?" He said, "I'm 21." Me and my big mouth said, "If you're 21, I'm a nigger aviator." Then I realized what I'd said. I was mortified. I didn't feel they were inferior or I didn't look down on them it was just an old saying that I'd heard for years. I apologized to him and the girl who prepared the salads. They laughed and said it was okay. They said they knew I didn't mean to hurt them. That was a bad day for me.

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Sorry about work! P.S. you may tell people I am dating someone seriously haha
-megs

Jill said...

Oh my, what a fiasco, but oh so funny. If I had been taking pictures at that reception I would have taken a picture too (it's historically significant). But reading about it from your point of view is a little sad. Hopefully it's the catalyst you needed to let out the cries that were trapped inside.

I'm so glad you had lots of comments today, I know exactly how that feels and what a difference it makes.