Friday, December 21, 2007

Today I was driving out on a very snowy morning to take Hailey to school early for a test she missed while she was sick. I noticed my neighbor out shoveling her sidewalk. She had also shoveled all the way around the block where the guy behind her never shovels. (It's where all the kids have to walk on their way to school - just across the street.) I thought it was so kind of her ... I am going to surprise her with a Hot Carmel Apple Cider from Starbucks!
I went through the drive thru behind 3 other cars. When I got up to pay the worker at the window told me the lady 3 cars in front of me had paid for all the cars in line behind her! I just couldn't believe it. I asked if she had paid for the car behind me & she said no that car wasn't here then. So guess what? I paid for hers! What a way to start the morning.
Hey don't think my life is perfect. Next I went to the 6th grade party but couldn't find the stuff I had bought that I needed to take & had to go to the store & buy more @##%*!! Yesterday I stayed home & cleaned ALL day then went to bed early with a cold coming on & a headache. I woke up this morning & the whole house is dirty again....aaaaaaaaaargh!
And... my dishwasher broke last night.
I am so glad that lady paid for my cider, it made my day, & I really needed that.

8 comments:

wende said...

that is so cool! what a great feeling! i'll need to remember that cute trick. once at the airport i let guy in my long line to pay for parking. he was confused about which lane, ended up kind of stuck and no one would let him in. when i got up to pay this really cute indian man collecting money said excitedly, "de car in front ob you alritty peed!" it made HIS day to witness a random act of kindness. good job paying for the car behind you!

patsy said...

Wende- thanks for the comment, I am really having a bad day & I was so happy to see a comment on here.pj

michelle said...

I think that is wonderful! When I go to Sonic tomorrow, for my Diet Cherry Limeaid, I think I will do the same for the car behind me. Thank you so much for the wonderful idea. It is small blessings like these that warm my heart.

Janae said...

This is a fabulous idea! That would make any body's start to the day wonderful! Sorry you are coming down with something right now though. Here is wishing you a speedy recovery:)

Beth said...

I love it! It really does touch more people than just the one receiving the kind act doesn't it!

I hope you get to feeling better... and hang on, your doing great!!

Love and BIG HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

The dishwasher BROKE?!!! I will help hand wash dishes when I come home! -megs

Rachel said...

Oh that is so fantastic! Since you blogged about the lady at Starbuck's, now everyone who reads your blog is going to be inspired to do a random act of kindness for someone else. That lady has no idea that she touched the lives of more than just the three cars behind her.

Totally brought tears to my eyes, too. I swear, I didn't used to be so sappy. It's the kids, I'm telling you. Ever since I became a mom, stuff like this makes me weep all the time, and my husband must wonder what the heck is wrong with me!

Jill said...

It's so nice that you were at Starbucks to buy the cider to give to your neighbor already. It was like a collision of Random Acts of Kindness, how lovely!