Sunday, December 16, 2007

Trent At Work


Last night I took these two cuties to work with me- reception for 400. They stayed in the back, of course & played restaurant. It was an absolute thrill for Mr. Trent here. At one point during the night I took him to the bathroom & he said- mom, I can't believe I work here now- I have two jobs- I work for Grant (my remodeling neighbor) and I work here! He was so happy. He actually did really good too.


Here he is with another helper. When it was time to go he refused to take the apron off. He really wanted to take it home. He's been wearing it all morning.

And this picture is when all the sprite started kicking in. By the end of the night he was pretty wound up & I was really busy. Good thing Chloe was there to keep things in order!
I kept thinking I would've loved this when I was a kid. My sister Ruthie & I used to play restaurant all the time with my dad. We would take his order then make food for him in the kitchen & bring it out. Mostly saltine crackers with peanut butter or cheese. We loved it.
*did you ever play restaurant?
* do your kids?

6 comments:

Jill said...

How fun for Trent and Chloe to get to play restaurant in a place like that. Did it make it more stressful for you though?

wende said...

How cool is Linda to be great with having "helpers" in the back! What a cool mom you are to take your kids to work, I'm sure they loved it! We played a lot of "school" growing up, but I play restaurant every day when I cook dinner for my family! :)

Janae said...

This looks like a lot of fun! I am sure your kids are happy to get to tag-along with mom to work:) My girls love, love, playing restaurant too.

Brit said...

I remember playing restaurant as a kid. But I'm sure Trent and Chloe had more fun at work with you. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

i had a friend whose parents owned a restaurant, and after sleepovers, we would get to go there for breakfast. i always thought it was *so cool* to pour our own drinks from the soda fountain gun!

Beth said...

I loved to play restaurant when I was a little girl. I remember bringing my Grandpa crackers and water on my play tea sets. What a fun memory to remember!!

I also remember going to my mom's work when I was really little and I would play paper dolls under her desk, I always had to be really quiet.

I bet your kids had allot of fun, and it will such a good memory for them.

Very cool!