Saturday, December 29, 2007

Day Of Discovery At The Discovery Children's Museum

Today I took Trent & Chloe to the children's museum while Brett took Jack & Hailey to the movies. Both at the Gateway in Salt Lake City. It really was so much fun. I am so glad we got the house clean & all the Christmas stuff put away so I can just relax.
Trent & Chloe showed me all around.The construction sight was a big hit with Trent. So was the robot exhibit.
Chloe found this lovely ball in the gift shop.
Before
After Chloe had a ball pretending to host a radio show. She's good.

And hullahooping.

But Trent's all time favorite was the TV news weather station. Notice the TV screen in the top right corner. He practiced giving the weather. Well, not really. He mainly looked at himself in the monitor & every now I then said- it's darn cold outside.

Trent decided after getting home from his cement truck driving job he will go in & do the evening weather report when he grows up.

Chloe took it all much more seriously- in a fun way.


Trent went shopping...

Then checked himself out at the cash register. I would've loved this when I was a kid.

Afterwards we went to the food court & had McDonald's. Then we met up the rest of the fam at the movie theatre. They thought the movie was awesome.

I am so glad we went. I've been trying to get out for a couple of days- it's been so busy.
What a fun day.

* what are you doing for your Christmas vacation?

* have you seen National Treasure or National Treasure II?

3 comments:

Jill said...

The construction site and the weather station are my two favorite things at the Discovery Museum too, they're so fun. You're a sweet mom to take them there rather than getting to go to the movie.

patsy said...

It wasn't a big sacrafice. I'm not a big movie gal. I don't know why- I always like them after I get there.

Rachel said...

Ah! You went to the Children's Museum on the same day as us! Except we were here in Seattle. Still - so much fun! And it reminds me, I haven't looked at the photos my husband took of the day - I guess I'll post some soon! :)