Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas 2007

My side of the family has a Christmas Eve tradition. We always have hoagies & floats for dinner. Wherever we are, even if we are not together we are eating hoagies & floats. My parents started it years ago. So to start off our Christmas Eve- of course we had hoagies & floats.
After eating - well we let Trent go early- the kids opened their traditional gift of pajamas from Grandma & Grandpa Messer. Trent was just a little excited.
The boys got Superman pj's even Brian. I sent him a package last Friday with a present that said on it- open Christmas Eve. Inside the box were a pair of Superman pj's that match Jacks. I put a note in that said even though you are not with your brothers this Christmas Eve you will all have on matching pajamas.
Trent was so excited. His pajamas came with a bright red cape. Trent says he's the REAL superman because he has the cape. It was so funny I would say - will the REAL superman stand up & Trent would stand up all serious & make Jack sit down. Then Trent would say will the second Superman stand up- then Jack had to stand up.
Traditional New Pajamas Photo

I couldn't sleep last night. Right before we got into bed at 11:45-ish Brett reminded me that today would be Tuesday & the missionary would be sending an email. Knowing he wasn't going to the temple today I was so worried he would get up & check his email. Finally at 4:00 AM I just got up and wrote. I didn't want him to wake up to no emails, he probably won't check it until this afternoon- but I just couldn't stand it just in case. I don't know if it was me being up or what, but just as I finished Trent woke up ready to GO.

Trent must have been really good this year!



Jack too!
Every year the kids make Brett & I a Christmas book. This year was seriously the best. Megan started it when she was little - I love it. I have books from the past 10-11 years they are darling & my very favorite gift every year.

More on Christmas to come.

Such as everyone's favorite Christmas memory & our new tradition- the 12 days of Christmas.

4 comments:

wende said...

Merry Christmas! Your blog was so well done! I can't believe you're already done with your Christmas entry, I haven't even finished uploading pictures! Good job! Love ya!

Beth said...

We thought about you guys all day! What a fun post!!

We LOVED our picture... it was really cute of the kids. What a treasure!!

Hugs!

Jill said...

Wow, a 4:00am email, you're the sweetest mom ever. I'm finally sending Brian's package today...good grief.

Jill said...

Update: I sent it and am so pleased, I hope he likes it.