Sunday, December 2, 2007

Patsy's Great Gift Ideas #6

A Starbucks Gift Card
Yesterday when Brett & I went shopping out in the snow storm we decided we needed to sit down & redefine our list. So we went to Starbucks to get some hot cocoa & work on it.
I don't drink coffee, but I really love Starbucks. Just walking in one is pure joy. The smell, the design of them, the funky crowd that works there - they are such hip little places. I was delighted when one was finally put into my little town this year.
I got a Hot Carmel Apple Cider grande with a blueberry scone- oh my... mmmmmm. (the pastries there are so good too.) Brett got a hot cocoa then decided he wanted my cider (because it's to die for) so half way we traded. I'm just that kind of gal.
I was so excited when I saw these at the check out counter.

So soft- little mitten gift card holders. Are these darling or what? And better yet they are free with the purchase of any amount on a gift card.
So we bought six $5.00 gift cards for teachers etc. Trent has many teachers, and each one has a note that says "Have a hot cider & scone on us!" Of course they can get whatever they want, but I'm telling you if they don't at least try the Hot Carmel Apple Cider... mmmm they're crazy, and so are you. If it's not on the menu don't sweat it. Just order it like you know what you're doing & they will make it for you anyway. I did this in New York City last year right after watching "Live with Regis & Kelly," that's another story, but there was a Starbucks right across the street from the studio & it wasn't on the menu. I just walked up & asked they knew exactly what I meant.

So if you are from outer space or something & can't find a Starbucks...???

You can order a card here.

* do you love Starbucks too?

*have you had the Hot Carmel Apple Cider...mmmmm?

5 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I feel the exact way about Starbucks... there is just something cozy about that place...

Unknown said...

i love the feeling of starbucks, for sure! we don't have any in my town, but two similar places, so i can get my *fix.*

Jill said...

We have a Starbucks nearby but I've never been to it. Maybe now that it's cold I'll pop in for a hot chocolate. Gift cards are a great idea for a teacher gift.

wende said...

I love Starbucks but I'll be honest that I always feel funny about carrying around one of their cups! I will definitely try the cider, that sounds fabulous. My favorite is a tall steamed milk with vanilla and whip cream on top. Ooooo, I could so go for that right now.

Beth said...

Well being from Starbucks hometown... I love them. But haven't been back to try their cider or hot chocolate... great idea!!!

I will be sure put than on my list of things to do when I am in Seattle.

Great gift idea the stockings are... how do your boys say it? "the bomb". (i love that)