Saturday, December 22, 2007

Today has been a really hard day for me. Mostly because I am sick with a really bad cold, sore throat & running off my face nose.
We had to go to Provo because Megan's car wouldn't start so we drove by the MTC. There were missionaries walking outside & I don't know what I was thinking but I was at least curious. Of course we didn't see Brian & as we drove away Trent started to cry. We had brought his friend Lily with us & he said, "I wish Brian still lived at our house." My heart was breaking. I told him that Brian's friend Jordan was going into the MTC right after Christmas and that we could send a special package with Jordan to give to Brian from him. Lily asked, "who's Jordan?" Trent said, "Jordan is Brian's friend who has a swimming pool. Me & Jack & Brian used to go swimming there but now it's just me & Jack." Then he started to cry again.
I am glad Brian is on a mission I really am. It's just hard because we miss him & it's Christmas. Here is a quote from his last email
"the christmas spirit is different here. my district and i had a talk the otherday about how it doesnt feel like christmas. a sister in my district made thecomment that its because we feel that happy christmas spirit all the time here.i thought that was really cool! we are living the happy christmas season hereeveryday no matter the season. the reason for the season is christ and i guessshe is right because that is all we talk about. everything is related to him. mybranch president said in sacrament on sunday that christmas wouldn't be what itis without easter. i thought that was so cool and so true. without the atonementof our savior nothing would have the same significance that it has. i am sograteful for him and for his life. i know he lives and loves each of us so so somuch and wants us to live with him someday and because of that love he providedthe way for us to do so."

I am so happy he is doing well.

(I think his english teacher would just about croak reading this though.)

4 comments:

Mrs. McDaniel said...

Poor Trent! It's hard for the little ones to understand the mission thing isn't it. My sister is serving a mission & my youngest doesn't understand why she's not there when we go home to visit.

I love his email. It must be something they do to them in the MTC b/c my sister's email's are hard to read sometimes too.

Hope you get to feeling better!

Merry Christmas!

PaD said...

Sorry you've god a told in your node. It'll be gone soon. Before you know it Brian will be home and Jack will be leaving on his mission. Hang in there. It just gets harder as you get older. We're to the season where we have to endure to the end. If it's not bad health it's missing your family. One thing about living here there's a lot of people in the same situation.

michelle said...

I am sorry your not feeling well today. I hope you get to feeling better super soon! My heart goes out to you, and your little guy. I am sure it had to be hard driving by the MTC. Your son seems to have such a wonderful spirit about him. Thanks for sharing the e-mail.

Jill said...

Poor Trent, it must be hard to understand and be okay with Brian's departure, it must be hard to be the youngest and to have everyone grow up ahead of you and leave.

Brian sounds like he's doing well, what a comfort for you.