Tuesday, December 25, 2007

It's Been A Guitar Hero Kind Of Day

We have never had a game system at our house before- wait- Brian & Jack saved up their money for a Nintendo 64 years ago then one night when Brett was out of town, I couldn't get Brian off of it & threw it across the room. It was a bad moment for me & it broke. If you didn't guess, I'm not a big fan of what I call mindless time waisters.Well, this Christmas I really wanted the kids to be surprised & I love the concept of the new Nintendo Wii. It's totally interactive. Instead of sitting in a chair with a controller in a daze you actually have to get up & "play" whatever game you have on. Such as, in golf you swing the controller to hit the ball... etc.
Even though none of the kids had ever asked for a Wii & Jack had never uttered the words Guitar Hero to me I just knew he would love it. Unfortunately I put in my request to Santa a little late & he had a tough time coming up with them both but he came through in the end. It was so worth going to many stores every morning & waiting for the UPS truck by the looks on their faces this morning & the fun we have had today.
Everyone is a Guitar Hero around here. Everyone but Chloe that is. She's the sweet one. She has gotten the chance maybe three times she says... oh the drawbacks of being in a large family.
Hailey & Megan both rock!!

Sorry I can't get the film to turn. It's so funny though. We've been laughing all day.

*do you have a wii?

* have you ever seen/played guitar hero?


5 comments:

Mrs. McDaniel said...

we got a wii this christmas too. We've played guitar hero at my sister's on her PS. I am thinking about buying it for us for the wii for ds's birthday in feb.

Looks like ya'll had a great time!

Unknown said...

no wii or guitar hero here.

oh, wait, my husband *thinks* he's a "guitar hero." does that count?!?

Beth said...

We have played Guitar Hero on PS at our house... it's hilariously fun.

I can't do it though, so most of the laughs are at my expense... you just hear clunk, clunk, dink when I play. My boys think it's too funny... I blame the machine, it's broken when they hand it to me. No Rythym here...

Jill said...

I feel seriously impaired when it comes to this game.

wende said...

we LOVE LOVE LOVE guitar hero at our house, it's really a family favorite. we just got a wii this christmas but we had gh for the xbox 360 and finally purchased a second guitar. rock battles are the best! i'm glad you were able to find one. i'm totally with you on the wii and how great it is. i love the get up and play, and it's fun for the entire family, not just the boys in the house. rock on!