Tuesday, December 18, 2007

SPT - Children all nestled in their beds?


Trent & Mr. Bear
I know I am supposed to photograph myself but isn't this cute?
Don't let this photo fool you. This kid is so hard to get to sleep. He didn't used to be. It feels like a large portion of my life is spent tying to get him to settle down. I know it's the ADHD but I am hoping he will grow out of some of it- at least. Nights are rough for him. Once he's out - he's out, it's just getting there. We have tried keeping a strict routine, reading, snacks before bed, etc. It seems that everyone else falls asleep but him. He is a sweet guy though. I like him.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, they are so adorable when they are asleep.

jack is a night owl, for sure. cuts in on *my* time, don't you know... ;)

michelle said...

awww, he is adorable! I need to get back into the swing of doing these SPT! It is such a good way to journal!

Amanda :-) said...

Oh, he looks a little bundle there. I don't know anything about ADHD, but I hope he does grow out of it. Is it similar to Asperger's? I heard that Mark Haddon's 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time' is a very good take on the various forms of autism, Asperger's etc. Does ADHD fall into that category?

He looks so peaceful there, anyway. That's so cute the way you ended your post: 'I like him'.

patsy said...

Amanda~
what a thrill to have a comment from you on my blog!!
ADHD stands for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Dissorder. It used to be (with some it still is) pretty controversial whether it's a REAL condition or not here in the states. Trust me- it's real at my house. Basically it means it is hard for him to pay attention & he is hyper. It doesn't mean he can't pay attention it's really hard though and something we have to work on A LOT. Most kids diagnosed with ADHD have another issue such as Asperger's syndrome, like Trent.
Thanks for the book advice- I will look into that!

patsy said...

Amanda- I just ordered it on Amazon!

Amanda :-) said...

Oh, I hope it's useful to you. It's won awards over here, although I haven't read it. Brilliant title, though!

Jill said...

That's a cute picture of Trent. I don't know what I'd do if my kids gave me grief about going to bed. I am always so DONE with being the mom by bedtime that I'd probably wig out and ruin anything good I'd done that day by yelling at them.