Sunday, December 23, 2007

For journaling purposes I am writing this post.
Today Megan & Tony are here for a special Christmas dinner. We had ham & potatoes, carrots & green bean bake. For dessert we had this banana pudding- it's so easy to make & amazing.My sister Johnna made it for us last summer & we love it.
Afterward we played games & visited. It is so nice to have them here, but I am feeling lousy. I went to the instacare this morning right when it opened. They gave me a decongestant & a prescription for a sinus infection. It's working I can feel my sinuses lightening up already. I missed our primary Christmas sing a long & singing in the choir. I am so glad I got to stay home & rest though. My head felt like a big weight.
I can't believe I forgot to take pictures today @#$%*! but at least - with Megan's help- I got dinner done. Chloe cleaned up most of the house organized my office & the pantry! That girl is amazing. Jack & Hailey did the dishes (by hand- the dishwasher repair man comes tomorrow.) Tony is spending the night & we are up late watching movies.
Loads of people have been coming by with treats all day. It is so sweet! Best of all two of the missionaries- Brian's- best friends Laura & Whitney came by with cookies. Laura said Brian had written and said- go visit my mom for me. It was so sweet of them to come by. Brian has so many great friends. It was great to see them & get the chance to visit for a bit.
I feel blessed to be feeling better tonight that last night & happy to have my kids home.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so lousy, it must have been a lot of effort to even get out of bed let alone make a big dinner for everyone. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

michelle said...

I am so sorry your feeling bad. Hopefully you will get better super fast! :) It sounds like you had a wonderful evening with your family.

Brent and Ashley said...

I hope you start feeling better soon! And I think you are super mom and deserve a trophy! You are so lucky you have awesome kids that help you out like that. Tell me your secret!