Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Man - Have I Had A Couple Of Great Days

Yesterday I left the house to go to breakfast with Sky & Lori then Christmas shopping at 9:00AM. I didn't get home until 2:45, had to go to Community Council, then later to work- Christmas business dinner for 90. Even though it was extremely busy I got so much done. I even made dinner early so everyone would have a decent meal - heck I & even got Trent's reading done with him before school. It goes on & on.
Today was even better. I got up early, breakfast done...etc. Left again at 9:00 and drove to Prove. I met Megan at the mall at 10:00 & got some really hard shopping done.

Thanks for your help Megan!

Then... now this is the amazing part, I met my new blogging friend Jill for lunch!

Let me tell you, Jill is one of my favorite bloggers. I already felt like I knew her & I had so much fun getting to know her more. I had many questions that she indulged me on & she gave me some fantastic tips on blogging & smug mug. It was like getting together with an old friend.

This is a picture of the dessert I had- mmmm. Jill brought me a great Christmas CD & some new Good Mail labels from her etsy shop.

Thanks Jill for meeting me for lunch- you made my day.

*what have you been doing?

*did reading this make you tired? I am going to sleep good tonight.

7 comments:

PaD said...

Thanks for the great gift ideas. I like nativity scenes too. One of my married daughters bought theater tickets for their christmas from us. She and her husband got to go to the movies and hopefully thought of us when they went. I think that's a good gift if you like to go to the movies.

PaD said...

Another gift we like to get is gift certificates to restaurants that we'd normally not pay to go to. My husband likes to go to Costco for hot dogs. So anything is a step up.

Anonymous said...

I had fun with you today! Thanks for letting me shop with you! I'm glad you had fun at lunch! Also, thanks for the pants AND for hemming them! You're the best mom! -megs

wende said...

I'm so jealous you met Jill! What fun! I love how blogging brings people closer together, you could have lunch with a person you've never met and have great conversation because you already know each other so well! It's like meeting a pen pal! I'm glad you got some shopping done, I'm close but not quite there yet. I did brave Toys R Us yesterday, what was I thinking? That place was a zoo! :)

Jill said...

Thanks for a great lunch, 2 hours and 45 minutes is not too shabby eh? I felt like I could have stayed and talked to you all day except for the annoying background music and occasional operatic birthday song from the waiter...good grief. Thanks for such a fun day!

Beth said...

I just figured you and Jill were long time buds!

Very cool to come together!

You will have to share some of her blogging tips... inquiring minds want to know!

Beth said...

You take great self portraits... mine always look like the picture is of something in the background and I am just sticking my head in the way.

Megan you are beautiful!