Tuesday, December 11, 2007

SPT Double Time

It's Ornamental.
I don't have any ornament traditions. I am the jerk who threw out-I think, I don't know where they are- most of the ornaments my mother in law had kept from my husbands childhood. I can't even believe I am admitting this. I'm sorry they were really tacky & I was really young. But come on an 18" colored snoopy that they put on the front of the tree every year. It was a piece of paper folks, a really wrinkly piece of paper with a snoopy colored on it. I don't think that counts as an ornament.
These are my two favorite ornaments this year.
I love BELIEVE & we love birds at our house. Cardinals are my favorite I love to see them when we go back east to visit my husband's sweet aunt. I wish we had them in the west. We get lots of chickadees & gold finch though- have had woodpeckers & even an owl up in a tree once.

This is for last week. I am not dressed yet, still doing my chores when I took this picture. We love getting Christmas cards. I hang them on the back of the front door so we see them a lot.

*if you haven't done it before, check out Lelly's SPT challenge.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh great! I have been in a panic trying to find the perfect ornament for our son's First Christmas (I've been giving Charlotte one each year, so I guess it's a tradition now). Now I see it won't really matter 'cause his wife will throw it out later anyway! :D

We got your card/photo - obviously - I was so excited to see how your kids are just growing and growing! So hard to believe you have a MISSIONARY now!

Love, love, love the blog; I will keep reading. Come see mine if you get a chance.

Love, Rachel

Unknown said...

good for you for getting 2 spts in one week! that's a great location for your cards - prime viewing!

as for the, ahem, *missing* ornaments... i stand behind you!

Beth said...

Love the location for the cards... I like to keep looking at mine too.

michelle said...

I like were you put your cards for everyone to see! This year I made a Christmas card tree. It is in the front entrance of the house. It is kind of fun because the kids can pin/clothes pin the cards to the tree as they come in the mail. Have a great day! :)

Holly said...

Hi there! I popped in from Lelly's blog. I like your believe star--very nice. I don't have any birds on our tree, but I fell for those Lenox winter bird dishes a few years back.

Janae said...

I do totally support your ornament issue:) I am an ornament snob though...my kids have their own tree in the basement for their ornaments. I feel bad to admit it but, it's the truth. I guess you could of moved snoopy to his own tree;)

Jill said...

Hanging your cards on the back of the front door is a great idea!