Monday, December 17, 2007

I Finally Did It

I sent the rest of my packages today. It is the busiest day of the year for the post office. I had a ton of errands to do so I went to the post office first. The parking lot was packed so I decided to come back after my other errands. I went to the pharmacy, grocery store, bank, then back to the post office. Worse than before. Luckily I had thought ahead while at the grocery store & bought six chocolate santas. I was so excited when I went in the door & there were a record 25 people in line (I've never seen more than 5.) I waited & visited with the folks in line then when it was my turn I did it... I gave the workers all a chocolate Santa & wished them a Merry Christmas. Lelly & Kristi have challenged people to do "random acts of kindness." I finally did it. I'm a friendly person, wave & smile, try to say nice things to people but this was big for me. It felt great to do something for all the workers at the post office. Like I've said before I really love our post office. Thanks for the challenge. I feel like I made someone's day- and that made my day.
*will you take the challenge to do a random act of kindness?

5 comments:

Beth said...

They say when we serve others (ie: do random acts of kindness) it helps us grow closer to them and helps us to love them (as the Saviors example).... this might just be what I am missing this year, that is keeping me in a fog.

And what better people for me to reach out to, than my dreaded postal workers.

What a good idea, and a fabulous example for me to quit sulking and get out there and do something nice for someone else.

I am sure it can only make one feel uplifted and better about world peace right!

Jill said...

I definitely want to do something like this. I try to be really friendly when I have to stand in long lines, even though I don't actually feel friendly. But I refuse to be one of those grumps who acts like they're the only person who's busy and in hurry.

Apparently I'm not mailing anything for Christmas, I don't know why I haven't gotten anything ready yet.

Unknown said...

now that you have done your fabulous act of kindness, you can go over to http://wilson-six.blogspot.com/ and add it to her mr. linky. it's a great way to share the goodness and joy!

i bet the recipients of the chocolate santas were thrilled!

Sandi said...

What a good idea. That is much better than the disgusted sighs I let out while waiting in a long obnixious line at the Post Office.

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Thank you so much for particpating in RAK Monday's!!

I love that you gave them all chocolate Santa's!!

I hope you come back after New Years with more RAKs!