Sunday, December 9, 2007

I love Sundays around Christmas time.
I love the talks at church & the music. It's the one time of year I truly love to sing in the choir. Teaching Christmas music in primary (to 3-11 year old) is a delight. The music is pure about the true meaning of Christmas & fun. The children love it & I love to sing it with them. Last summer I bought a set of bells & we have been using them to sing Christmas Bells Are Ringing. It's a lot of fun. We just sing the song over & over until everyone gets a chance to play a bell.
Update on the missionary:
Many of you have asked how our missionary is doing & he is doing great. His letters are upbeat & he is learning & growing a lot. (As soon as his letters started sounding upbeat a huge weight fell off my shoulders & I have been feeling tons better.) I will post on him sometime soon.
If it's possible, I wish for you a peaceful Sunday!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Sunday's are always peaceful for us, that's one of the reasons I love them so much. I'm so thankful for a day of rest.

I teach the 11 year olds in primary as well, though I'm currently on a break to attend the marriage & family class, but sitting with the last 2 kids left in primary (they both turn 12 this month) today was fun.

We sang Christmas songs in primary and I could hardly choke them out through my tears.

P.S. Your Christmas card is beautiful, I got it yesterday!

Beth said...

I love the peace of Sundays too!

I used to dread Sundays because it was the end of Family time for the week, but I don't since I joined the church and we have more family time on Mondays. Sundays bring a different tone now anyway... it's wonderful!

I love the picture you posted with this... you gave us the book one year and I leave it out all year, I love it so much!

Anonymous said...

I love this picture. It is so beautiful. It's captures what I think this scene would look like. -megs