Saturday, December 1, 2007

Patsy's Great Christmas Idea #5

A Children's Christmas Book
For about 12 years I have been giving my sister in law Keri a children's Christmas book for Christmas. I love everything about giving these books. Reading & looking through all the books for the perfect one is so fun for me. I take if very seriously. I love children's books, they are so fun to read & I love a good illustrator. I wish I was a good illustrator. Anyhow, over the years I have come up with quite a list of favorites. This is my all time favorite. It is perfect for kids & adults alike. If you have never read it... please next time you are in a book store pick it up. It literally takes just a minute or too to read but the message is so deep & beautiful. (*Note-it's really about Christ.)

Christmas books like these are an inexpensive yet classy gift to give. They make great hostess gifts and can be personalized in the cover for the perfect keepsake to be brought out year after year. They range from deeply spiritual to just plain fun. I like to mix it up & buy something different from year to year. This one has become a tradition every Christmas Eve at Keri's house. I take that as a compliment.

Knowing she doesn't read my blog I am going to share with you my pick this year...

This book couldn't be more darling. It's a really fun little read. I read it with Trent & Chloe on the couch the other night & we laughed out loud. I love giving & receiving these delightful, easy to read & share books.

You can buy them at any bookstore or online here

*do you like picture books?

*do you have a favorite Christmas book?

2 comments:

wende said...

I LOVE this idea, I LOVE giving books as gifts and every year I try to add at least one new Christmas book to our library. We love reading them each night on our count down to Christmas, it's one of my favorite traditions. YES I have a favorite, I'll post it on my blog so you can see it and find out why I love it so much. There are so many too name, maybe that's my theme for the day. Thanks Patsy for your great Christmas ideas, keep 'em coming! Love ya!

Jill said...

That's a fun gift idea, especially since you do it every year. I'm not familiar with any of these books and will have to check them out.