Thursday, January 24, 2008

Science Fair Wrap Up

Chloe ~ Science Fair 2008 Today was the annual school science fair... you know the science project we turned in by the skin of our teeth last week. Anyhow I pulled myself up by my bootstraps- walked on the treadmill (yes exercise does help)-took a shower - & went to check it out. Doesn't Chloe look excited? She really was excited. After the judges had gone through all the projects the parents were invited to take a look. Military personnel from Hill Air Force Base came to judge- so cool. Chloe was excited because the "nice guy" came to judge hers. I didn't meet them so I'm not sure what that was about but she said he was really fun & nice to the kids & not too serious- all important qualities.
Look at this baby~ Not too shabby!
Here are Chloe's favorite picks from the other kids.
(all of 4th-5th & 6th grades participated this year)

Will a gold fish live longer in water that is changed daily, weekly, or monthly?
We have had the same goldfish- Zore for 3 years & we love him so this is an important subject at our house. His "girlfriend" Ellie died after 1 year this summer which was very traumatic for Trent. If you're seriously bored you can read about it here. (it's really cute)

Acid Rain.
I didn't read too much about this one- Chloe like it though.
My favorites...
besides the best one- Chloe's (as Trent would say...duh!)
Coke will it turn a nail rusty?
Now that's something I want to know!! Guess what, this kid tested Coke, Diet coke, Mountain Dew, Sprite & water. The good news...nothing rusted. The bad news... water was the hardest on the nail???? Now I'm scared.

Then, the diaper debate.
Which hold more liquid- the expensive name brands or economic generic?
I loved this... very practical & YES GENERIC WON! I love to root for the underdog.

Here's our self portrait! It was really fun walking around with her & learning so many fun facts. I guess the science fair isn't that bad... I'm still glad it's over.

After that I went to Costco & out running errands. Nothing cheers me up like a trip to Costco. I love this place. Costco continues to be the best place to fill up my car.
How much is gas at your house?

Thanks so much for all the kind comments today. I'm feeling better. Although it's absolutely blizzard-like outside- but it's okay- I've figured it out.
The best way to beat the winter blahs- GREAT COMMENTS ON MY BLOG. Now let's hope it'll last..........hmmmmm.
THANKS FOR READING

7 comments:

Brit said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I think there is definitely something to not seeing the sun for awhile. I have a hard time doing the things that I need to too. Keep blogging because I don't know what I would do if I wasn't able to look at your page every day!

Love you!

Kristy said...

Yeah the science fair is over!!!! Glad you are feeling better!

wende said...

i didn't know the science fair was today -where have i been? allie called me with twenty minutes to spare wondering if i was going to come? what? twenty minutes? it takes me that long just to get ethan ready to go! i'm glad you loved allie's science fair project about the diapers! :) i'm also glad you took a picture because i never did! the winter doledrums are killing me too - sounds like a lunch date to me! kristy's birthday is tomorrow, do you want to go to lunch?

michelle said...

I think the winter blues are going around. I know they can be sooo hard. The science fair looks like it was a big hit! I am smiling over the diaper project! YEA! for generic! Your hair looks so pretty in the picture. Did you just get it cut?

patsy said...

I can't believe you noticed?
Yes -I did just get it cut last Friday. In my quest for balance I am trying to take better care of myself & have set a standing hair appointment to make sure of it!!
So... thanks for noticing!

Unknown said...

go generic!!

the photo of the two of you is lovely.

$2.95 yesterday.

Jill said...

That self-portrait of you two is so pretty, you should frame that one.