Thursday, January 17, 2008

Fresh Orange Cookies

Years ago I had these cookies at an open house. They have always been in the back of my mind. The sweet heart who made them gave me the recipe. I always see it when I open my recipe book. Last week I finally made them. They were even better than I remember. I made some for Brett to take into his office this morning. Let me just apologize right now if you can't stop eating them. They are so good! Fresh Orange Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup margarine
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup orange juice
3 Tblsp. grated orange zest
Mix together like all other cookie recipes... Then bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until just barely starting to brown. Cool & frost!
Frosting
1/4 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tblsp. orange zest
2-3 Tblsp. orange juice
Mix until smooth

7 comments:

andrea said...

Yummy! Perfect for this time of year when the oranges are so good.

andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

These do look and sound really yummy.

Great service to Brett and his co-workers, and fun creative outlet too, you get a star!

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Kristy said...

They look really yummy. This reminded me last when I ran across a recipe for carrot cookies....sounds gross but they are like these and sooo good. I will this recipe to my collection. Thanks

Brent and Ashley said...

Hmmmm....I have all the ingredients...I might have to make these! They look wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

wende said...

yum, i stink at making cookies but i may have to give these a try. i love everything citrus! thanks for sharing.

Janae said...

This sound really, really, yummy...thanks for sharing:)