Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley 1910-2008

Our beloved President Hinckley has passed away today. My heart is full of love for him. He had a way of making you feel like the world was still a good place. Like you could do anything you put your mind to... just be positive... and do it!
"I feel to invite women everywhere to rise to the great potential within you. I do not ask that you reach beyond your capacity. I hope you will not nag yourselves with failure. I hope you will not try to set your goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. I hope you will simply do what you can do in the best way you know. If you do so, you will witness miracles come to pass."- Gordan B. Hinckley
The very first thought that came to my mind when I heard the news...
Oh how happy he must be- to be with his sweet wife Marjorie again.
Theirs was such a beautiful, real life, love story. She was so cute & funny. I love how she talked about him like he wasn't perfect- but so loving & supportive of all she wanted to do in her life.

What a grand reunion it must be.
As we talked about President Hinckley & his life together as a family tonight Chloe said the most profound thing to me - I bet he's popular in Paradise!

I bet he is!
*do you know who this man is?
*check him out here

6 comments:

Kristy said...

You had the same thoughts that I did about his dear sweet wife. It is hard to be to sad knowing that he is with her. We love this man and will miss him.

wende said...

great post! i purposely wrote mine before i looked at any others, we all said the same kinds of things! i love the photo of sister hinkley that you found, i looked and looked and couldn't find one that i loved. great man and i'm SURE he is popular in paradise!

Rachel said...

I had the same first thought - I told Robert, "Oh, I am so happy for him!" Sort of a terrible thought if you don't have the light of the Gospel, but like you said, what a reunion he must be having with his sweet, sweet wife.

Thanks also for the quote at the beginning of your post; I wish every woman in the world could hear/read President Hinkley's words and be uplifted.

andrea said...

Great post about President HInckley and his wonderful wife. How happy they must be. We were so blessed to have him as our prophet for almost 13 years.

michelle said...

This is a wonderful post! I have been very touched today reading about everyone's love for President Hinkley.

Jill said...

It's so wonderful to think of him reuniting with his sweet wife. What a life!