Tuesday, January 15, 2008

SPT- A Closer Look At Creativity

This week I am documenting how I am keeping one of my new year's resolutions. Yep- that's the one-
Do Something Creative Everyday.
In my quest for BALANCE I am realizing how much I need a creative outlet in my life.
Of course- it is my desire to be an artist- but I feel I am to busy to make that a commitment... (yes I am don't challenge me) so in the mean time I have to say-
I feel so incredibly fulfilled when I am creating something.
Today I made two cards for my card club. In my card club there are eight participants. Each month each person makes eight identical cards. We don't have a theme or rules, we each just make the card we want to make & it all works out. The cards are dropped off at my house where I split them all up into eight different sets. Later they either get picked up or I drop them off during my normal routine to the lucky crafters. Every month I end up with eight different handmade cards! Since I love sending good mail - I send a lot of cards. I love my card club & even on months like this one- coming up with an idea was tough, I really enjoy it. This month we had one gal drop out (she went back to school) so I am doing two & keeping two of each set. I am really low on cards so I am happy to get an extra set this month.

Making cards is great for me because it's inexpensive and can be finished quickly. I have been known to almost let the house burn down finishing a project. I HATE to quit until it's DONE. I was even late for volunteering today because I just couldn't stop until the last card was done!! Oh how I hate being late- but apparently not as much as I hate an unfinished project.
Now if I could just FINISH organizing the laundry room, office, closets, basement... you get the idea!
Some other things I have created this month
1. Several new recipes- including the best cookies ever-
(I will type post the recipe later- I promise)
2. Good mail packages- very decorated of course.
3. Three Clean bathrooms -
(it's a stretch I know but had to be done)
4. A Happy attitude- that was a bad day.
5. Visual aids for primary music.
*do you like to be creative?
*do you like handmade cards or other paper crafts?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome- cute cards! I do something creative daily and find myself skirting other duties sometimes to get my ME time in.

andrea said...

Cute cards. I love to create but I know what you mean about finding the time to do it. It's so fulfilling to get a project done.

Jill said...

I try to do something creative everyday and have gotten to the point where it's part of my life and not a stretch for me at all. I'm just happier when I'm making something.

I love all things paper and stationery so whether I'm buying cards or making them I love them!

Anonymous said...

Patsy If you've read my blog today you know how I feel about paper crafts. I love that you can do it. I'm not creative enough.

michelle said...

Darlig cards! How fun to be able to be in a card group!

I too, have to be doing something creative daily. It is just something that makes me life so happy! I love paper, and love cards!

Beth said...

I love getting your cards, they are wonderful!

I love being creative, one of my goals this year to be more creative too.

I have been scared to join the card club here in our Ward, for fear I wouldn't be able to come up with ideas... where do you get your inspiration?

Holly said...

I am finding out we have a bit more in common! I LOVE to make cards--yours are beautiful! I like to use stamps, papers, do-dads--it's all fun. I also relate to you because of your word balance. When I am "into" something, cards, scrapbooking, sewing, blogging...whatever, I get out of balance because I tend to let other things slide--badly. Yet, when I don't create something, I feel out of balance.

A card group would be so much fun!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Both June and July sound great... June sounds better because it is sooner, but the weather might be nicer for getting out and doing things in July... whichever works for you guys though, because our schedule is very open:) I love you.

Aimee-Beth

Michelle Alley said...

I love handmade cards - it's so refreshing to see people's creativity and I love the idea of a card club!