Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year's Blogging Questionare

I am so excited that I have time to finally do this today. I can't wait until 2009 so that I can compare 2008 to 2007. Because of the new awareness of life that blogging my life has given me - 2008 is going to be so much better. Thank you blogosphere!
(I my update this list over & over as I remember more)




1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Started blogging! Joined a book club. Both were really good for me.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No & Yes

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes - Ruthie had the peanut & one of the breakfast gals had a beautiful baby girl.


4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes the first pet I have ever really loved. Jake - my jack russell terrier. I had no idea what loving a dog was before we got Jake. I'm sure it sounds silly to most- it would've to me once upon a time. I loved how he followed me around like my shadow. I loved how he loved me so much and so unconditionally. I loved how if I was sick or sad he knew it & stayed with me. Even though he was a really difficult dog for many reasons... I really miss him.

5. What countries did you visit?
We went to NYC in the spring- which is like a different country compared to Utah. (Oh how I love New York!)

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More balance. I need to take better care of myself.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Going to Seattle for my oldest friend Stephanie's 40th surprise birthday party!

Going to a phyciatrist for the first time- Don't ask I won't tell.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being named volunteer of the year at the elementary then at the district & region level. It was such an honor. I wish I was blogging then, so I would have better memories- it was such an honor for me.

9. What was your biggest failure?
The weight I gained.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, what a blessing!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
New TV- no more smacking the old one. (I called that interactive TV)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Brian graduated from H.S., sent in his mission papers, got his mission call, then left for an adventure of a lifetime on November 14th.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I better not say.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Definitely the mortgage- but I am so thankful to have one, really. Not a mortgage but a house & a mortgage I can afford.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finding that perfect Christmas present for Jack, going to Steph's birthday party.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Anything by Jordan Sparks

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
a) Happier- with such greater awareness b) fatter by 20lbs - OUCH c) richer in so many ways

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Cry

20. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I'm one of the lucky ones- I fall in love over & over the more I get to know my husband.

21. What was your favorite TV program?
Monk, American Idol, The Office, The Apprentice

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, but I am scared of one lady (that will remain nameless) in my neighborhood.

23. What was the best book you read?
A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 by W. Phillip Keller- life changing- really!
I am so proud of myself, for the first time ever I read a lot of books, thanks to my friend Anne who invited me to be in her book club.


24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Going to the Josh Groban concert with Linda in the fall. We discovered that it wasn't easy to sneak into better seats even though we really tried & had to move several times!

25. What did you want and get?
A new floor!!!

Man did I want that - I am so happy it worked out. Brett, thanks so much for working so hard.

26. What did you want and not get?
A slimmer, healthier body.

27. What was your favorite film of this year?
Dan in Real Life.


28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Brett & I took 3 couples to dinner for my 40th birthday party. It was my favorite birthday party in years.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I would've started blogging in January!

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Sad really sad.

31. What kept you sane?
I'm not sure I am sane. :)

6 comments:

andrea said...

I've had so much fun reading these questionairres I may have to do one myself. I loved Dan in Real Life too. It was so good.

michelle said...

This was so fun to read. I think you, and I have quite a bit in common. You are younger...I was 41 in Feb! Oh wow! That means I will be 42 next month! Yikes! :)

Unknown said...

you have had quite a year, my friend!! can't wait to keep up with you in 2008!

i love that you posted your list of *things i want to do in 2008* (i keep mine in my journal at home.) will you check things off as you get them done? (i love to do that!)

Jill said...

Your year at a glance looks like such a good one. It's kind of great how blogging gives you a way to record these thoughts and share them with others, and it's an added bonus that you can do this again next year and compare notes to yourself. I still need to do this post.

Holly said...

This was fun to read and learn more about you. We feel the same way about many things! :) I may try to do this review too, it's a great way to document the past year--since they always seem to fly past. Blogging has made a positive impact (well, gotta balance the time thing better, but...) on my life too.

wende said...

patsy i loved your list! i'm glad i didn't read it though until i'd done mine. we do have some similarities, what a shocker! i'm so excited to make this list again for 2008. it's going to be a great year i can feel it!