Saturday, January 12, 2008

January


All year long I wonder- why didn't I get that done in January. January seems like such a great month to organize the basement, etc. My kids & I have fewer commitments in January & we are stuck in the house anyway. When January finally rolls around I am painfully reminded... it's so hard to get anything done in January. Inevitably someone is sick, there is an inversion, it's freezing, let's face it- it's down right hard to get out of bed. So here I am back in January. I'm trying though. I really am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true. Love you mom! I'm a work so I can't call but thought I'd just say hi! ( I know you'll see this :) )
Have a great day!-megs

wende said...

This entry is so funny because I can so relate to this feeling! I too think of January as the "all-do" month and later wonder why nothing got done. Especially in December when you almost can't wait for January to be able to get some things done. I have to say though, that the cooooold weather forced me to stay home with Ethan all week long and I loved every minute of it! But I agree, why get out of bed some mornings. It's just too dang cold!

michelle said...

I had great intentions of getting things done this month. So far it has just been the day to day things that have been getting done. Maybe next week... :)

Jill said...

I know what you mean, but I'm finding that I'm doing more because I have less distractions (i.e., yard work and other outdoor activities) to pull me away. I love the hibernating aspects of winter (though I don't like being cold) and feel like it's a great time to organize closets, make cards and so on. Maybe you need a meeting with yourself...