Friday, January 11, 2008

January Book Group At My House

My book group met last night at my house.
Every January each member comes with three choices- all non bloggers, what in the world? The choices are presented while each member rates them 1-3, 3 being something you really want to read. It's a tough process but we narrowed it down to 11 choices & two of mine were picked! AMAZING. I have gone from a non- reader to a reader in 2007.


my three choices were:

The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman- not picked. I love this book & I want to read it again anyway.


The Curious Incident Of The Dog In the Night Time- by Mark Haddon. Thanks for the recommendation Amanda :). I read it, loved it, now we are all reading it! (warning: it has quite a bit of bad language but very much worth reading!)

Two From Galilee- by Marjorie Holmes. Perfect for December, which is when we are reading it & discussing it at my house!

I am really excited for all of the books this year! Joining a book group was a real stretch for me last year. I am surprised how much I have liked it. I really only know one of the members, so it has been fun to get to know a great group of women & learn a lot through reading some fantastic books. Happy Reading 2008.

4 comments:

PaD said...

I'm happy for you learning to love to read. I loved it always seems like. Happy reading for this new year.

michelle said...

How fun that your in a book club! I just picked up Love Languages again. I started it about a year ago, and never got thru it. I hear it is amazing.

wende said...

I've heard such good things about the love languages, I need to read it for myself. I love being part of book club, next time I need to be brave enough to take a picture (I know they'll all moan about it) for my blog. I love that it stretches me in different ways, I have found some of my favorite authors through BC. The reason I ever started one in the first place was because I was sick of reading something awesome and having no one to discuss it with! Have a great year!

Jill said...

I love picking books for the year, it's so exciting. I'm surprised that you are surprised by how much you enjoy book club, but what do I know?