Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Did It!

It's downright amazing how blogging has made me feel accountable. Like, if I say I'm going to do a project I really have to do it. Can you believe this? I did it. I completely took apart my laundry room- 98% of it- organized it, and put it back together again. AFTER PHOTOS
Here is the post (in case you missed it-it's just down a couple) of what it looked like before.
I found so many great things. Like a great print I forgot I had that I am going to have framed & put over my folding table. I can't wait for that. I have a perfect place for my darling Englebreit prints on the other side of the room. I love Mary Englebreit prints.
It's hard to tell in the photos but this room is light green. It's the very first room I painted when we moved into the house. The green in this room is calming & one of my favorite colors. This room was the main reason I wanted to live in this house. It's great that I can shut the door to laundry messes, but still be so close to the family when I am working in there- it's just off the kitchen & family room. Even though I share it with my kids & their clothes, it still feels like MY room & I like that.
Well...now my bathrooms are all dirty, I didn't make dinner tonight, & there is a huge pile of laundry just behind these photos--- but hey...
it was worth it.

10 comments:

michelle said...

Good job!!! Your room looks amazing!!! I love the fact that blogging can motivate us. I think I need to take this idea, and post a project on my blog. I have a lot of closets that need my attention! :)

Beth said...

Looks great! I bet it feels so good to have accomplished this!

You will have so much more fun creating now!

Good Job!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent work! Maybe I need to make myself blog-accountable with a few projects around here...

Kristy said...

It look awesome!!!! I know what you mean when you post something that you are going to do....you have to do it since you all of these people checking to see if you really do it. Blogging is great that way it forces you to do the things that you have put off. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Mom, the laundry room looks awesome! You did such a great job!-megs

PaD said...

I'm so proud of you. What an accomplishment to do that by yourself. Dad is putting in extra shelves in all our closets and laundry room. That was what I wanted for Christmas. It's a work in progress. It is great tho. I can now walk in my closet with all the extra shelves. Beth will tell you that a friend of ours Darlene has shelves over her doors with cute things on them. You should have her get photo's for you. It's amazing.

Holly said...

It looks wonderful Patsy! You were a girl on a mission--and you accomplished it with style! Imagine all the creativity that can take place now. Great job!

Jill said...

Congratulations!! That was a seriously big job and I'm so happy for you that you did it. I love how blogging makes me more accountable too (I did my bedroom closet yesterday) and think that it just helps to be able to have other women to tell it to and to share the results with. We can all relate to wanting to organize a room, so we all understand the effort and accomplishment of it all. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

looks great...don't you feel good right now! I love Mary Englebreit too. I also love Debbie Mumm and David Carter Brown. Have a great day!

Brit said...

Patsy it looks great! Good work! You have inspired me to start a project that I've been needing to do! Love you!