Sunday, January 6, 2008

I Love Our New Schedule

I was dreading our new Sunday schedule.
Our church time is 9:00 instead of 11:00. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal,
but it's been hard in the past with sleepy teenagers.
Not to mention names- Brian the missionary! Can you believe it- the kid who is now a missionary used to give us heck about having to be a church at 8:30 to set up chairs!
Well, Jack was great- Hailey too. Everyone was up in time, with time to spare.
All during church it snowed- blizzard like. Maybe I should start taking my camera to church!?
I made a great dinner- (didn't take pictures)- planned out my week- worked on cub scouts with Trent- played games- took a nap-we even had our Sunday devotional.
O my goodness- I love Sundays!
So does Max!
* how was your Sunday?
*what time do you go to church?

4 comments:

wende said...

oh man, i hate 9 am church for the getting up part, but i love it for the having the rest of the day to do stuff part. especially the nap. our building hosts the singles ward and their time never changes. we rotate from 9am (last year) to 1pm and then back again. i'm so sad because 11 is my favorite! i'm glad you had such a good day. i did too, sundays are so what i need to help me get through to the next one.

Beth said...

We moved from 9am church to 11am church... it was pretty nice to sleep in a little.

The boys are really happy they don't have to go shovel snow now!

I actually grummble everytime it changes for one reason or another, but then adjust and end up loving something about the new time.

michelle said...

It sounds like you had a perfect Sunday! We now start church at 11:30. Much better than 2:30! :) I just read your previous post. I love the words of I am a Child of God. It was so nice o read them. Thanks for sharing! :)

Jill said...

We switched to 9:00 too and I've been dreading it, but it wasn't too bad. Randy and I have been very happy about the prospect of taking Sunday naps and must say we hit it hard yesterday and slept for 4 hours! That was a bit extreme, but we still ended up having family home evening and hanging out together for a couple hours. It was delicious.