Friday, January 18, 2008

School?

I was sitting here reading blogs while Brett's car windshield is being replaced in the garage when the lunch crowd showed up out of no where. What the heck? There is an assembly at school & they are skipping it. (Are my parenting skills worrying you at this point?) I personally took two of them - jack included to take a math test this morning & it's the end of term so they are okay- I know Jack's grades & I am not worried. Shoot- they are only missing an assembly. Enough of the excuses - I'm glad they're here if they are going to go somewhere & hoping none of their parents sue me. Of course if some cool band showed up for the assembly they are going to be so sad- when I told them that they didn't seem too worried.

A few minutes of Guitar Hell- oops I mean Guitar hero. I can't even tell you how much I hate this game- yes, the one I searched for, stood in line for day after day for three weeks. I officially hate rock music. Trent woke up at 6:10 the other day & wanted to play it. I told him rock stars sleep in so you can't play guitar hero until at least 1:00. Brett told him we would have to change the words to one of his now favorite songs. Instead of
"I want to rock & roll all night- it would be- I want to rock & roll til' ten and get up by six AM"

Does this make you feel any better- this guy's studying.

I made them a "mountain man breakfast" that's what they call it at scout camp. Sausage, hash browns & scrambled eggs all together.

Maybe it's the food that keeps them coming? They were only here for about 40 minutes but-man I love these boys. They are great kids! Especially this guy Jack. He has been a huge help around the house & I love our time together at night when everyone else is in bed & he & I get to talk or watch Seinfeld reruns together.

*do you have teenagers?
It surprises me that I love them.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are just the best times! They are gone far too quickly. I think you are an awsome parent and it is great that they want to be in your home!

Love you,

Johnna

andrea said...

This is my dream that my kids will want to bring their friends to our house. I'm doing all I can to encourage it. I guess I better buy more food.

Unknown said...

i have the same dream - that my jack will grow up and have friends who want to hang out at our house and i will always be prepared to cook them mountain man breakfasts!!

Kristy said...

It is always fun when the high schoolers show up for lunch. It gets expensive but I think it is worth the money knowing they feel comfortable and like coming to our house. I hope when my boys are older they will do the same.

Beth said...

Yes, something about teenagers you gotta love em'!!!

This is a super great secret I learned from Johnna... the trade off to the craziness in your home, is knowing where they are what they are doing (and eating) and what they are talking about, or hearing from their friends.

It's a good thing!!

Jill said...

I woke up this morning and found my kids playing Sing Star at 7:20am. It was so funny to see them in their pajamas singing "Tempted by the fruit of another..."

It's great that your house is the cool house to hang out at, and that the boys know they're welcome there. I hope to be like that when my turn comes around.

michelle said...

How fun! I am sure these boys love coming to yout house! It sounds like you made them some yummy breakfast! My boys are 21, 19, and 18. Sarah is 13. We LOVE teenagers! Our home has always been the place were the kids hang out. I wouldn't replace the memories that we have with theese cute teenagers for anything. You kids always look so happy!

wende said...

i have always dreamed of having the party house when my kids get older. it's hard to compete with some of the sweet pads in this neighborhood but when i'm lucky enough to have everyone here i LOVE it! at least you know where they are and what they're doing. and the reason they hang out at your house is because they love YOU. and why wouldn't they? you're so loveable and cool! in fact, can i come over? :)

Rhonda said...

Not sure how I found your site, but here I am... laughing at the hilarity of it all. I too have teens (mom to 5 kids)and the Guitar Hero may have solely defined by complete and udder disdain for clever marketing schemes.

Nice blog!

Mind if I add you into my blog roll? Always enjoy finding other moms with large families. Moms blogging along the way.