Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Big Part of My Life~ Jr. High Carpool Driver

Every Thursday morning & Wednesday's every other month,
I drive an AM Jr. High carpool.
What ever happened to walking to school?
When I was in Jr. High I got up extra early & curled my hair.
Then I walked the 1.8 miles - up hill both ways - (I am not kidding,
you can ask Brett I took him on the walking route this summer)-
then, because it was raining
I curled my hair again in the girl's locker room.
(I grew up in the Seattle area, you know)
Heaven forbid the bad hair day in Jr. High.
These guys are really fun in the morning.
Honestly, I like driving carpools.
I like to listen to my kid's friends talk & learn what's up.
It gives me the chance to do my thirsty sponge bob impression.
After a long summer... I can do a mean impression
of sponge bob when he's at Sandy's house without water.
If you understood that... I'm so sorry.
This is Hailey while waiting for another rider.
She is so willing to get her picture taken, & happy when
I talk with her friends & do my impressions.
Someday, when she's a mom- maybe she'll forgive me.

*did you walk to school?
*do you drive a carpool?
*how do you feel about sponge bob?

6 comments:

Beth said...

Okay, you KNOW I DONT DO SPONGEBOB... but I actually think it's funny that you do impressions of him.
Sorry Hailey!
Your Mom is too cute... I am sure you won't mind hanging out with her again... some day! (when your old like us)

We were talking the other day if our kids are spoiled because they don't walk anywhere... or because it is just a different world now, and they just aren't safe? It could be debated, but I don't mind driving the carpools either... it's a great opportunity to get them to talk. By the time they get home, everything is "fine" and you get nothing like you do when they spill their guts and tell you everything on the way home.

It's a good thing!

Johnna said...

I don't know how you do it sis. I think you are the best! And you are right, Hailey will look back on this and realize what an amazing mom she has!\

Thanks for taking care of Ruthie too, I wish I could be there to help you out. You guys are great! Give the kids a big hug for us and we love you all!

patsy said...

hey I didn't mention that they do walk home if the weather isn't extreem. It's a mile. It's soo good for them.

Jill said...

I walked to school all through elementary and junior high (which was very far), but then we lived too far away in high school so we had buses and then eventually my own car.

I drive my kids to school most of the time because the street they have to walk is very busy, but I think it's a pain.

Sponge Bob is funny, but I don't let my kids watch it because they say "stupid" all the time on that show and I really think Patrick is obscene looking.

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I love reading your blog... it has become a part of my daily routine. How come I've never heard your sponge bob impression?

patsy said...

You are the coolest most funniest mom ever!!! I love you sooooo much!

*Chloe*