Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Since I have been blogging I have really wanted to join Lelly and do a Tuesday SPT.
This week's was about black & white. Since I am computer challenged, this whole blog is a modern day miracle, I am doing last weeks challenge on comfort food.

(What is the deal with this darn lazy eye?)

When it comes to comfort food there is nothing- I mean nothing like my mom's biscuit's & gravy. The ultimate comfort food. When I was pregnant & sick this is what I craved. My mom's biscuits & gravy. I never make them myself- it's just not the same. I have a friend who had never had them so I made them for her- once. I don't think she was impressed. These are not pictures of my mom's -I got them off the internet- don't they look delicious?!

*what's your favorite comfort food?
*do you ever crave your mom's cooking?
*do you like biscuits & gravy?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, i was startled there for minute, thinking you had sampled all of these biscuits this week! great photo collage - who says you're computer challenged?!?

patsy said...

I found this collage on some other blog- by googling. My mom's look better!

Beth said...

Your right... Mom's B&G are the BEST!!

Yes, I crave my Mom's cooking! She is a good ol' southern girl too!

I can't pick just one favorite comfort food... but my newest is the Hot Cocoa from the church's cannery (I had some from when we lived in WA, but they must have changed the recipe cause now it's awesome)... made with milk it is the very BEST I have ever ever had!! Rich and chocolaty YUMMM!

Very comforting sipping this out of a cute mug in soft flannel jammies.

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

YUM!

Anonymous said...

I crave my mom's cooking everyday!- Megs

Brit said...

I too love biscuits and gravy. I haven't had it in years. I've never had Gmaw Dayley's but my Gmaw Gilson makes some mean biscuits and gravy as well.

Jill said...

I love biscuits and gravy! My mom didn't ever really make that as a dish, but she used to make biscuits a lot and we always had gravy with Sunday dinners, and since I'm such a fan of both I adore the two together.