Thursday, October 25, 2007

Long Week

It's been a difficult but good week.
Brett has been in Boston since Sunday. He rarely travels more than one night at a time so- I am a little tired. I just don't sleep well when he is gone. Plus dealing with Trent at night (bedtime, homework, etc.) by myself is exhausting. Yes, Trent's asperger's is becoming more & more apparent. He had a difficult time at pack meeting this week. It was only the 3rd time he has been & one of the leaders (not his leader) singled him out in front of the group, mentioning that he was the only boy who didn't do the cub master hand shake right, & some other things. Not really thinking it through, I had sent Trent with his older brothers thinking it would be fun for them- plus I really hate pack meeting. Anyhow, Brian & Jack were very offended & upset, Trent was giving them a really hard time & this made it much worse. They had to drag him out early, it was difficult for them, they had to call me, he was hysterical...

To make a long story short, Brian called the woman & really let her know that Trent has asperger's & did not need any more attention brought to him- we are working on it. She apologized etc. This just reinforces my opinion that those around him need to be educated. I am not saying he shouldn't have to deal with natural consequences for his actions, we are all about that. There is a certain amount of tolerance for kids who are out of control. There is more tolerance if people realize there is a real disability going on.I am so glad Brett will be home tonight.

This is what I have been doing today.
I love, love, love my new floor. Brett did such a great job putting it in. Now the trim is painted-woo hoo I can put the furniture all the way back tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to see the new floor completed! Idea: what if you made doughnuts on monday? I would try and make it home :) Good luck with that! -megs

Jill said...

I despise Pack Meeting! We had ours Thursday night after our football game and I opted out of it this month because I endured it last month. Fortunately Randy's tolerance for it is much higher than mine.

I don't know why the leader would single Trent out like that, especially since he's only gone 3 times. What in the world? Even though she wasn't aware of his situation, it still seems rude to single anybody out in a negative way.