Monday, July 30, 2007

Seattle Weekend Trip



What a great trip!My friend Stephanie that I grew up with turned 40 on Sunday.Her husband planned a big surprise for her by inviting her close friends & family up to their lake house in the Seattle area on Saturday.Brett & I were so honored & thrilled to be invited.We flew up early in the afternoon and got there just in time to make it to the restaurant where the party was.It turned out perfect.John did such a great job keeping everything under wraps and she was so surprised.After lunch we went to their home & visited.It was so fun to see her parents, sister & brother and meet some of her close friends from CA, who were all wonderful. Later that night we took a drive and saw some beautiful views of the city. Steph & I stayed up late catching up- she has the most darling seven kids, all blonde & beautiful, it was fun to spend some time with them. Sunday morning we went to the Kent 1st ward-where I grew up-it was really great to be there.After our goodbyes Brett surprised me & had changed our tickets to a later flight so that we could go see all my favorite places!We had a BLAST.We went to my familie's favorite Mexico Lindo for lunch & I can confirm that I have real issues because I was so happy to be eating there that I literally almost cried. I was wishing ruthie, my mom, & jim were there because they are just as crazy about the place as I am & I knew they would feel the same way. At one point Brett said-are you going to start crying?Like he knew he had married a mad woman. I just told him I was supremely happy to be there. I even asked the owners if they sold any of their sauces which they do but they are in plastic containers so I new they would never make it on the plane.

For the rest of the day we went shopping at The Land of Nod-(I get their catalog & have always wanted to go to one of their stores- only 4),Pike Place Market, & dinner at Ivars on the warf so much fun. We got to the airport- which was also great for me because I finished my book club book-(great book watch for later post)which I loved then back home.We finally laid our heads on our pillows around 1:00 AM. All the work & grogginess today is worth it. Click on the bottom right corner of the slide show, click on stephanie, then click on slide show again & you can see the same show just larger pictures if you want.
Thanks John for such a great trip~ Stephanie, hope your birthday was fabulous!So glad we could join in celebrating.

3 comments:

Johnna said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing the video pictures! Have a great day!

Johnna

PaD said...

Wow Patsy, you went to Mexico Lindo's. It is still one of my favorite places of all times. Plus the memories of taking you kids there. We didn't get to go very often but it wasn't because we didn't want to. I'm glad you got to go especially to spend time with Stephanie. Thanks for sharing.

Beth said...

Patsy,

Jim is druling over the pictures at Mexico Lindo's.... thanks so much for sharing!
Jacob and I will be in Seattle Aug 3rd - 12th... this helps me get really excited to go now.

Love and Hugs,
Beth