Wednesday, April 30, 2008

t-bone & me

Trent stayed home for good today- no matter how well he seemed, I was not sending him again. So, since he seemed fine to me... went to get some wedding errands done together!
1st, we need to buy trent clothes for the wedding. I know, I know, nothing like the last minute. My theory was that if I let him help pick them out then maybe I would have success getting him to wear them. With all the busy things going on I just hadn't gotten around to it. We went to our new Kohl's- my favorite family shopping place- which just opened a couple of weeks ago in my town- woo hooo!!


Sandals were on sale plus I had a coupon for an extra 15% off anything in the store- we both need them so there you go. Trent's sandals happen to be very fast- his true test of a good shoe. Luckily in the testing process he didn't run into anyone.


At this point it got ugly.


You see, besides the cell phone obsession trent has an obsession with tennis shoes. He loves new shoes, especially sketchers because they are fast. He says his old shoes are junky and worn out.


He got really mad even though I explained I don't have money for new tennis shoes. We have to buy wedding clothes & sandals because someday it's going to get hot (maybe.) His shoes are not that old or "junky" anyway.
Now the fits started. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate to go shopping with trent? Really it's a nightmare. He folded his arms & said- I am not leaving until you buy me a new pair of shoes! oh brother. He forgets that I am a seasoned mother, he is my sixth fit thrower. I have been completely humiliated in stores for a good 20 years now- bring it on baby, bring it on.
me- fine I'm leaving you here because I've got to go find wedding clothes so you don't have to go to the wedding in your underwear.
trent- you can't leave me here & I'm not moving & I'm not going to the wedding in my underwear.
me- (walking away) living at Kohl's would be really fun they've got beds & everything.
trent- I'm not living here! I would starve! Stop taking my picture!
Unfortunately procrastination didn't pay. There was literally not one pair of pants or one shirt in the right color in his size. I finally found an employee who went into the back & found a couple of possibilities that were on clearance. I guess it's a state law that no "clearance" items can be on the store floor until after the store has been open at least 30 days. We found something that worked & after many stern words tried it on & got outta there.

Later we went to Chloe's DAre Graduation.
Dare Graduation is a big deal at our school. The mayor, police chief & dare officer spoke. Plus 3 essay contest winners & the principal. Trent was actually really good & sat through the whole thing.


Way To Go Chloe!
My in laws got here for the wedding & we went to watch Jack's rugby game.

Yep, it's been a week since the neck injury & he's been given the clear to go back on the field.
His team won. hurray. I didn't miss it, just in case he broke his neck for good this time.

*do your kids throw fits in the store--- STILL?
*do you think Trent will ever stop?

4 comments:

Kristy said...

My boys are a pain at the store....Emily can be to because she thinks I need to buy her everything that she sees. Sometimes I am a really mean mom when I shop with my kids because they drive me CRAZY!

Jill said...

You are very brave to take a guaranteed fit thrower out for last minute shopping, but then again you are a seasoned vet.

I can't believe Jack is playing rugby again, I thought he was out for the rest of the season.

Janae said...

Rugby some more huh? Poor Trent and especially you. Shopping with children is sometimes pure torture! I am glad you are a nice and seasoned mom to help you make it through the store tantrums. I really feel like I am doing better of late. but, I actually just rarely take my kids;)

Becky said...

I made the mistake of trying to run errands today...with my 4 1/2-year-old, my 3-year-old, and my one-year-old..

Some days this is possible--today was not one of them. It was a nightmare!!!

I feel your pain and I'm glad you were able to find something workable.