Thursday, April 10, 2008

surprise fun

Today I had a long list of chores. Ironing, emails about the benefit concert & luncheon, cleaning the painted floor, kitchen, etc. etc. Anyhow... surprise- my dear friend Karen called & asked if I could spare an hour to go get a pedicure with her-
Uh~ YA!
She had a gift certificate & a babysitter- and I have deep love for pedicures & haven't had one for a year. Not to mention I have been so busy these days it feels like I haven't seen Karen for a year.We chose matching polish, not cause we're weirdos who think they're in 8th grade... we just liked the same polish.

Today I ran to the Jr. high to pick up Hailey then 1/2 hour later ran to the H.S. to pick up Jack- he had a test. Max came with me & refused to get out of the car. He loves the car. I finally left the side door open & came inside. About another 1/2 hour later I remembered he was still in the car. I ran to the garage, opened the door & there he was sitting in the driver's seat. Just lookin' around. I wonder if he pretends he's driving? It took another 1/2 hour before he would come in. He is so funny.
*do you have a dog?
*do you think people who wear matching clothes are weird?
*man I love a pedicure- do you?

7 comments:

Kristy said...

What a fun day......you deserved it!!!!

Karrie said...

You know I have a dog...just as funny as Max! He is in withdrawals about the car becasue he has not been allowed in the new car as freely as he was in my old car. He drives carpool faithfully with Troy every morning he takes the truck. His favorite place to ride is in the driver's lap. I love your polish...people who wear matching clothes are wierd, but not people with matching nail polish. I LOVE pedicures...I'm ready to go again any time.

Jill said...

That's such a nice surprise, it's great that you were able to drop everything and go.

I've only ever had one pedicure (about 9 years ago) and I loved it. I just can't imagine being the person giving them...ew!

I'm dogless and proud of it!

wende said...

i love to give and get pedicures, touching people's feet doesn't bother me one bit! i know, weird for how bad i hate germs. i'm so glad you got a break, i've been thinking about how i could help with wedding stuff.

i love your matching nail polish! great minds think alike!

Hailey said...

what do you mean, weirdos who think we're in the eighth grade? how dare you. . . :D

hailey

Becky said...

Oh, Patsy...I am still laughing at that funny picture of Max in the driver's seat! We have a black Lab and I swear, dogs think that they are humans sometimes :)

Janae said...

What a fun day out and a very funny dog:)