Friday, April 4, 2008

blogger girls cook...cupcakes

Yesterday morning I made these cupcakes. I was so excited because it was my monthly blogger mom's lunch. I picked up salads at a local shop then we all met at Wende's to eat & learn to make her delicious butter cream frosting- plus how to frost them so cute like she does.
As I was leaving the lunch crowd came in. I haven't taken a picture for a long time of these guys so I said hey look at the camera- what a bunch of turkeys!
Wende makes the most delicious fresh lemon butter cream frosting! She had sweet packages for all of us- including these disposable pastry bags, her favorite decorating tips, & sprinkles. Plus- the cutest soaps. She is so over the top thoughtful.Look at this talent-she's a natural.
We all had a blast!!
This was so much fun! I have really grown to love these ladies. We have worked together for years- at our kid's schools. But- blogging has made us real friends.

Vivi liked the pink ones! A lot. Me too.

We all left with goodies- I took a dozen to Brett's office & guess what, one of his co-workers called me his hero!? When I got home I promptly gave away all of my cupcakes-fewwww! I had my fill and certainly didn't need them around.

*can you believe I didn't get a picture of all of us?
*or of lunch??
*do you like cupcakes?

6 comments:

Karrie said...

Is there ever a picture of me with my mouth shut???!!! Way busy week how did you ever fit lunch in? I'm glad you did and thanks for the cute cupcake papers.

crystal said...

Oh, please-please-please-PLEASE! post the lemon buttercream frosting!!! Lemon is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE flavor in the universe. For sweet treats, for pasta, for savories, for vinaigrettes...whatever!

I'm begging!!!

Linda said...

How funny...I've got cupcakes cooking in the oven as I type. Someone mentioned at work today how they were in the mood for cupcakes...guess who got voted to bring them in tomorrow!?!

Yep, that would be me!

Jill said...

The cupcakes look so pretty. I find cupcakes aesthetically pleasing but usually disappointing.

I think it's so cool that you all have become better friends through blogging.

Janae said...

What a fun, fun, day! Patsy~ you got great pictures! Most importantly you got pictures...where was my camera? Thanks for the great day! I am pretty much cupcaked obsessed at this point:)

wende said...

we need to send jill some cupcakes after he comment she left above. anyone know how to mail cupcakes w/o them being ruined? plus, i had a ton of fun until i saw my double chin in that picture! wow, maybe i need to eat fewer cupcakes.