Friday, April 25, 2008

friday wedding prep

I'm up late & just don't want to go to bed without posting, since I had such a great day. I've been up scrubbing the painted floor since megans fiance's parents are coming over for dinner tomorrow. I don't want them to think she grew up in a house of filth. My own family is coming into town soon, but heh- it's way too late to con any of them. Thus- this is the only time I will be scrubbing the blankety, blank painted floor before the wedding.
Today:
I got up early, made breakfast- I have really been slacking off on that lately, put in two loads of laundry, drove jr. high carpool, showered, made chloe's lunch, got elem. kids off to school,unloaded & loaded the dishwasher, dressed, gave instructions to the stay at home neck brace wearer/ex rugby player, went visiting teaching, then at 10:00 AM headed for Provo.
Pretty impressive- I know.I stopped at the photographer's studio & cried... these bridals I picked up are PERFECTION! I love them.
Then picked up Megan & went to lunch at Jason's deli.
Why, why don't they have one of these places near my house- this and a sonic??
I didn't eat breakfast so I was starving. It felt good to be hungry after the eating festival I've been on in the past few stress filled days.
I have confirmed I am a definite stress eater.


(can you believe how cute this little apron kiosk is?)
We ran to the mall to get a book for guests to sign. We bought the most beautiful wedding scrap book at Archivers- love that place. It's for her to have her guest write a message in & then scrap all of the showers, & wedding snapshots etc. She isn't really a scrap booker- like mother, like daughter- but for some reason her almost in laws think she loves it? They keep giving her scrap booking stuff?? She hasn't had the guts to tell them she has never scrap booked before. Can't say I blame her since they've spent so much money on things they think she'll love. She promised me she would put this album together this summer though.
After the big day... all you have left are the memories.

We ordered 85 little boxes of chocolates from See's our favorite (again- like mother, like daughter) for wedding favors. Megan picked out four different chocolates- scotch mallow, wedding day mint, milk Carmel almond, and a milk truffle. We are tying them with a cream colored bow & attaching a little pink tag that has their names & the wedding date. So cute I know- it was my sister's idea.

We went shopping for her big day tomorrow (she's going to the temple)- then I headed out of town. It was crazy down there- I didn't realize it was college graduation day. Holy moly, that town was crowded. It took much longer than anticipated but it was so much fun to spend the day with megan.
On the way home I was supposed to stop at the florist to drop off the table vases. The wedding is only one week away but when I called on my cell the lady on the phone insisted I not bring them until Monday- ? It was way too soon she said- I checked the date with her- NEXT FRIDAY-no problem I was ready to come home anyway. I thought I would be home by 2:00 but it was 4:00. I stopped by target & bought a birthday present for the party trent was at (what a blessing on a busy day) then picked up chloe at her best friend's. The ex rugby player was already at rugby practice watching from the side lines & hailey at lacrosse.
Crazy good day.
I'm going to bed.

*can you believe the wedding is only one week away?

6 comments:

Jill said...

You are such a good mom. My mom was a 1000 miles away when I was planning my wedding, was totally unhelpful, begrudged the money (the very little spent) and didn't cry happy tears for me at all. $%#@! Not that I'm bitter or anything...14 years later.

Megan's bridal photos look gorgeous, and having See's party favors is a great idea. I can't believe the wedding is a week away!

Kristy said...

The wedding is getting so close!!! Sounds like you are on top of it. You will be a pro by the time any of the rest of us have brides. Good luck with everything.....we are thinking about you!

Karrie said...

Oh my gosh a week from today Megan will be a married woman...for almost 24 hrs... weird!

wende said...

jill's right, you ARE a good mom! it's nice after a crazy day to know you didn't waste a minute. i love days like this - they make me feel alive. which is why i think i'm so over-scheduled. i think i'm trying to achieve that feeling all the time. i'm so dumb!

i'm so excited for the wedding, especially now that i don't have guilt over leaving kristy at the concert while i go! it's going to be wonderful and i LOVE the see's idea, especially because they're your favorite, that makes it so special.

Beth said...

The wedding photo glimpses are amazing!

I really love the self portrait of you and Megan.

And a perfect idea for the See's candy favors!! Love it!

You are doing amazing... I never thought there were so many details, your nailing them all!

Janae said...

What a very fun day:) I loving the See's thing...they are my favorite too. A perfect idea. I am glad you guys got one more girls day together before the big event. So great!