Sunday, April 13, 2008

Shower me Saturday

Yesterday was a really big day around here. Megan had a wedding shower in the morning & one in the afternoon! She was so excited- and so was I. The first one was at my neighbor Linda's across the street. Linda is the amazing caterer- but no I didn't take any pictures of her....??
It was a shower for friends from H.S. & friends from our old neighborhood, etc. It was a lot of fun, with tons of yummy treats... I didn't take a picture of them either. I am so lame.
H.S. friends.

The blogger mom's came! They are the best. We are standing in front of the delicious spread made by linda. These guys are so wonderful. I know some of them have probably never met megan until now- even though she told me she feels like she knows them all from the blog- it was really sweet of them to show so much love & support!

Lori & Sky.
Sky was huge help- made all the invites, etc. ARen't they cute!

Linsey, Megan & Emily.
Linsey is one of megan's dear friends growing up & linda's daughter. Emily roomed with megan last summer. She's a great friend to Megan.
Linsey & megan spent a year volunteering every Saturday when they were 15- at an old folks home running bingo in the morning. They used to come home & tell the funniest stories.
The afternoon shower was at my sweet friend Karen's house.
Yep, I don't have a picture of her either.
(I am really frustrated with myself posting this,)
These are megan's two new sisters!
They were really great & drove an hour to get here with Tony's mom. Ya, no picture of her either. She's a sweetheart. megan is so lucky to be marrying into such a great family.

Emily, megan & heather.
Megan & heather have been friends forever. Heather has been megan's roommate for a year or so now. She's from our town & a really great friend.

Lots of people came to both showers but I didn't document it very well.
She was given so many great gifts! I am amazed by the love & generosity of my sweet neighborhood. I swear I am NEVER moving if I can help it!

BrittanY & chloE!
Ruthie was here-again no picture. In between showers she took trent & her son, plus her daughter & chloe to build a bear for my nephew's birthday. Fun stuff. Trent is in love with his bear Winston. He slept with him & wanted to take him to church.

The food, friends, gifts & everything was amazing.
Thank you everyone who came Or helped. It was such a memorable day for Megan & me too.

Later that night- was the closing of Annie get Your Gun.
Hailey had a blast doing this show! Brittany & megan came, plus jack, chloe & I & brett of course. jack left at intermission.... I let him on the condition he brought all of the shower gifts in from the car. (desperate measures)
This is such a fun show!~ Great music & kissing... woo hoo- Jr. high kissing.
I mentioned to jack that he was probably bummed that they didn't do this show when he was in the cast, with all the kissing... he said- how did I know if there wasn't any kissing going on in his production???
(smarty pants)
My girls!
It was a great but very long day. I am still recuperating tonight.
I forgot to mention- Jack had a rugby game during one of the showers & made his first goal!! Dang I missed it, but dad was there. He has a home game on Wed. so I will post some pictures then.

9 comments:

crystal said...

That cute little bride-to-be just SHINES :)

Yes! Fun show!

And rugby? Yikes--you are a brave mommy. That is a seriously rough sport! How do you watch?!

Janae said...

What a very busy day you guys had! The shower was so fun. Megan is a great girl:) Hailey looks so cute in her cow-girl hat! What a fun play to be involved in.

Karrie said...

I had a great time at the shower! I can't believe you did all that stuff in one day...no wonder you're recooperating! I think you should go through all of Megan's gifts and keep the best stuff for you...just kidding...but man I could use some new stuff after 18 years things get a little old a broken.

Unknown said...

ohmygoshyouaresobusy!! i feel like i haven't stopped by in the longest time, and now i've spent twenty minutes just catching up!! i hope the bride-to-be is enjoying being showered. (i loved it, myself!!)

and how's the mother-of-the-bride-to-be holding up??

PaD said...

The shower's look so fun. I wish I could have been there. Megan looks so happy. We're happy for her and Tony. What a lucky guy. Have a great week. Read my blog today. I have a little news. Mom

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Kristy said...

The shower was great and Megan looks so happy! Thanks for letting us share this fun day with you and Megan! The food was awesome as well! :)

wende said...

the shower was so fun, and now that i'm playing catch up on my blog, (i've been bad) i will post some of the yummy food pictures. but sorry, no pics of ruthie or linda! thanks for having us, of course people have been generous with gifts for megan, it's a reflection of how much YOU and brett are LOVED!

and hailey girl, i wish i could post on your blog how much i LOVED this show! it was fantastic! i kept reminding myself the whole time that these are jr. high kids that i was watching - i couldn't believe the level of talent and hailey was SO cute in her cowgirl costume! love that girl!

Jill said...

It's so sweet that the blogger moms were there for Megan's shower! It's kind of amazing how thoughtful blogging friends can be.