Monday, April 28, 2008

wedding count down

The wedding is four days away people--- four days away!
Oh my, I am so busy with details, running errands- oh man- I hope I don't forget anything.
This morning I drove morning piano lessons, school, sent kids to school, showered, went to the doctor with brett (long story-it's cool), picked up some stuff for megan, picked up Sky, bought one more vase for the dinner (we need one more table), went to a quick lunch
Then...
before we went to the florist, party store for a card board cut out of President Bush- we are putting a blown up picture of the missionary's head over his head so that brian can "be" at the wedding....
we picked up her new puppy pete who just had surgery today. He was "fixed" or as the missionary called it when the procedure was done on Max... "no dos huevos."
He was so cute! He got so excited to see his momma I had to take a video. He was numbed up & all loopy- he really isn't in pain- (sorry about the side ways shot.)

When I got back Hailey had a dentist appointment. I picked trent up early from school, his allergies are off the chart so we went & got more allergy meds. I drove ballet carpool. Thank goodness for a crock pot recipe because I didn't have time to really make dinner.

Then- Jack gave our family night lesson- very good by the way-

and most importantly- we went to DAiry Queen. I love my little town's DQ. It's owned by the thompson's & they are the greatest. Monday night at dairy queen is quite the experience. Just about 1/2 the town shows up. There were literally 12 cars in line at the drive threw & maybe 3 parking spaces empty. The place is hoppin I tell ya!

Brett didn't want me to take his picture- coward.

He & jack are party poopers on the photos.

Chloe wanted me to document the most perfect twist cone ever.

And look at this guy- he is so funny he was licking his starkiss while falling asleep.

So funny!!!

well sorry all I ever write about is the wedding.

I am losing commentors- is it getting really boring?

by the way...Saturday I just about had a heart attack after seeing a 75+ year old woman wearing what I am wearing to the wedding Saturday at the temple... crap- should I go out & buy a new outfit?? Please give your opinion on this- I don't know what to do!

what would you do?

8 comments:

Karrie said...

Patsy Pasty it's Megan's Day...not yours!!!! Just kidding. Did the 75+ year old lady look hot in her dress?...If so, wear yours...if not do you have time to go shopping again? You'll be fine...as long as the 75+ lady is not at the temple again. You're so funny!

Kristy said...

I agree with Karrie on the dress. I love the picture of Trent....that is priceless. Hang in there!!!!

wende said...

i love that photo of trent, and i'm the only other person i know besides chloe who wants to document the "perfect" ice cream! so funny.

no, you're not boring!

and i thought you were going for "matronly" with the dress? the whole sensitive megan and you could be sisters issue? of course, i think 75 years old is pushing it. maybe you should post a photo of you in the dress and let everyone vote! :) or maybe the blogger moms can just come over to your house, have you model it and then we can vote.

hang in there! love ya!

patsy said...

You guys are great!
the dress/suit will be fine. But after I paid $$ for it, I will always be nervous wearing it out in public now- dang

Johnna said...

You are amazing!

Love you sis! See you on Thursday!

Johnna :)

Beth said...

Remember with age comes wisdom... so I am sure the 75+ lady had GREAT taste like you, it means nothing... wear the dress!

Pete is breaking my heart, I play it over and over again trying to hear that he is not in pain, but I am not convinced. I must come see for myself... he he he! I Love Pete!

You are definately not boring... mostly I am trying to catch my breath reading about all you do! Your amazing!

Can't wait to see you Thursday, I will probably spend most of my time just getting out of your way... but it will be worth the trip to do so!!

Don't spend an ounce of time worrying or thinking about us... we are self sufficient. Be sure and send all of that energy towards enjoying "The Day"!

Breath!

Jill said...

I'm guessing she was a very fashionable 75 year old right? I had to laugh out loud about this because it totally seems like something that would happen to me.

In fact, one time while visiting Randy's parents we went to Kohl's and Randy's very large mom and I were looking at stuff on the same rack...I totally freaked out but had to keep it on the inside.

Janae said...

I am very curious about this dress now:) You will look great...that is kinda funny though...was she really 75? We tried for D.Q. on Monday night too...we ended up at Maverik...just not the same:)and...the wedding is not boring! It's great stuff!