Tuesday, April 29, 2008

it's all gettin' to me

It's been one of those days. Trent came home early from school yesterday coughing. I really was going to keep him home- really. But at 9:00 when I went to the school to make some copies for teacher appreciation week- he seemed totally fine & wanted to go. About 10:30 I got the call from the office- he wasn't coughing he just didn't feel good. He has hay fever so I knew that was it. I was at Costco, so quickly made my purchases (we have tons of company coming and NO FOOD in the house- not a good combination) then went & picked him up at school. I'm so embarrassed I should have just kept him with me for the day. I truly thought he was fine, we went on tons of errands, cleaned the car, he helped me all day. When we got home he had 100.2 fever- oops I did it again. Well I blew it. The stress is kicking in. I've eaten 5-6 of these today. Chocolate covered marshmallow cookies. Since I thought it was going to be kind of a Trent day I took him to walmart & they are only a dollar & change for a package. Big mistake- I love these babies- they make the world a better place, except for what they are now doing to my back side.
Anyhow, trent has be BEGGING me in the most annoying 8 year old way for what seems like eternity to go there. someone I think Brittany (brittany if it was you, you are in so much trouble-jk) told him cell phones are free there. He is obsessed with wanting a cell phone. For weeks cell phone this, cell phone that. Life's not fair because he doesn't have a cell phone???
what in the world!!??
You cannot reason with him- for real.
I took him to Walmart & showed them that yes they have a free cell phone if you buy a cell phone plan. He assured me he does not need a cell phone plan because he has a plan in his head. Oh my- we have spent hours explaining what a cell phone plan is to no benefit.
When my sugar rush wore off I took a nap on the couch. Interrupted incessantly by the cell phone obsessed. He had found our old cell phones, cell phones on the Internet at walmart.com and of course was dying to show me. Mom, mom get up you've gotta see this cell phone- Hey mom get up I found brian's old cell phone. oh my gosh, someone shoot me. We went over the "cell phone plan" concept AGAIN.

I swear this video is nothing compared to what we are living through.
Who has time to do a wedding?
UPDATE
** I found out who told Trent cell phone were free at walmart- it was the same kid who introduced him to WWF & taught him some other choice things-- in his class at school.
I should've known! so sorry brittany- I think i thought of you because of the talk about cell phones you & trent were having the other day.**

7 comments:

Brit said...

So I'm pretty sure it wasn't me who told him cell phones were free at Wal-Mart because I didn't know that, but I am sorry if I helped to egg him on. I loved the video. Very funny. He only has 6 cents, I love it!! Love you and I'll see you soon. Call me if you need anything!

Kristy said...

Too funny. You can let him know that Jake doesn't have a cell phone and won't have one until at least Jr High or longer. It is so frustrating when kids will not let an issue die!!! Mine do it all the time. Good luck! Nice seeing you today I...at the W place.

Karrie said...

So why can't Trent have a cell phone again??? JK. I love this post and one day a long time from now you'll read it again and laugh like crazy...it's just not funny now. Hang in there

Jill said...

I did the same thing with Whitney this morning. She said her stomach hurt, but I told her she was just hungry and made her a piece of toast. She took a gerbil-sized bite and then said she couldn't swallow. Next thing I knew she was in the bathroom throwing up! Nice. Fortunately it was an isolated incident and within an hour she wanted to go to school. Go figure. Another confession though: my first thought was "Oh crap, this is going to ruin my Women's Conference plans!"

wende said...

six cents! that is so funny. seriously, you're the meanest mom ever that you won't let him have one, i think i'm calling social services right now...oh wait, i won't let the jr. higher have one either, so i guess we can go to jail together. hey, i hear that you don't have to cook and there are no kids there talking about cell phone plans, sign me up!

Beth said...

Me and the boys were hoovered around the computer last night in stitches watching Trent! Jim made me play it over and over and over again... and each time it got funnier!!

We love it!

I bet on smaller issues it can be hard to say no, he is very convincing!!

His cousin Jake has the same skills, only his are honed in on texting right now, he doesn't like the NO answer either.

I think some day they both will be making the big bucks using this unique skill for a living if they keep working on perfecting it!

Hang in there, he is priceless!

Janae said...

Oh Trent....what a cutie:) Patsy~ you sound so nice and patient on the video. I could not pull that off after being badgered all day. Lilli badgered me for 30 min. at her softball game to go swimming in a thunderstorm....I was not so patient. Mean mom that I am.