Wednesday, April 2, 2008

30 For April

1. I don't have photo shop.
2. I really want to make a new banner, refer to #1.
3. I'm not sure if you need photo shop to make a banner, but I think you do.
4. I had never broken a bone until Jack was a baby & I broke my pinkie toe in the middle of the night tripping on the vacuum cleaner.
5. I had to go to the ER in my mickey mouse, one piece, zip up pj's. I couldn't get them off over the protruding toe.
6. I wore a long coat.
7. A few weeks later- I did it again- I didn't really think I needed to keep my toe taped up anymore- foolish, foolish young gal---ouch!
8. I have had 5 kidney stones- YES FIVE!
9. 2 lithrotripcys- 2 passed - 1 taken out with I don't know- they called it a basket?
10. I had shingles when I was 5 months pregnant with Trent.
11. Passed one of my stones at 7 months pregnant with Trent.
12. My pregnancy with Trent was my hardest- duh!?
13. I love rainy days, they make me want to stay home & clean.
14. I never use paper plates unless I am giving treats away.
15. Not using paper plates all year I don't feel one bit guilty buying new plates & dishes every now & then.
16. NO surprise, doing dishes - no sweat.
17. I do a lot of dishes, my kids rarely do.
18. I like to do dishes & hate waking up to dishes in the sink!
19. The announcements, figuring out addresses, stuffing labeling, & making insert cards has been the only hard part of the wedding so far.
20. Oh, except for the fact I don't have a florist- she canceled- I don't have time to hunt one down right now.
21. I love new pajamas, but rarely buy them for myself.
22. I have been on WWAtchers for 5 weeks now, but only my good friends know about it- until now.
23. I know I can't lose all the weight I need to before the wedding, but I seriously don't want to feel like this- so bad - for another event in my life. what a waste of my life worrying so much about my weight!
24. I want to be done with it- these extra pounds have got to go.
25. I lost 4 lbs. the first week, just a little every week since. It's tough stuff, this mess I got myself into.
26. I have had a pink room in every home I have owned- 4- except for this one.
27. I don't like white towels. I don't care what oprah or anyone else says. I have bleached them, etc. -they don't come all the way clean, not with kids & mud & a dog in the house!
28. Getting sand from Kristy this week reminded me- that I have always wanted to go to Coronado & stay in the Hotel Coronado. Dreamy~ thanks Kristy. I also got sand from Karrie- I really have the best friends in the world.
29. I really need to blog good mail- tomorrow.
30. Done :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you mom. You're an amazing woman :)-megs

Jill said...

I'm impressed you can come up with these lists each month, wow.

Congrats on the WW success. It's a slow process, but you really don't have much to lose do you? I know it's all relative, but I think you look great!

Ouch on the kidney stones and broken toe! I'm a taken aback by the one piece Mickey Mouse jammies, any photos of those?

Kristy said...

I love these lists of yours. I may need to try one month but I am already behind on blogging this month.....maybe next month....well maybe not gift baskets...:(. Oh well I am making cupcakes for tomorrow :).

Becky said...

I am laughing at my mental image of the Mickey Mouse pajamas, you look thin to me, and although I love the idea of white--I can also NEVER get my whites to look beautiful.

Can't believe you are planning a wedding...I'm sure you are younger than that!

Love your list...

Janae said...

I have also had the broken toe...and luckily (knock on wood) one stone...oh the worst pain ever...I still live in fear of them. Yeah for you for coming up with this many things! You are a great writer and do this blogging thing perfect:)

wende said...

i'm so proud of you!

and i love your monthly lists. janae is right, you are the perfect blogger.

Karrie said...

I love your lists too, but I have such a hard time thinking of things myself. I think it's crazy that you love laundry and dishes...can you come live at my house and try to rub off on me a little?