Friday, February 29, 2008

31 For March

1. I love everything blueberry. Growing up in the Northwest we picked blueberries every summer & froze them. I now buy them & freeze them- there are no blueberries to pick in UT. I make blueberry pancakes & muffins, plus blueberry pie several times throughout the year.
2. I can't remember ever being as cold as this winter. It's almost over- bring on the allergies.
3. My favorite food- pizza- I love it.
4. I don't know how to swim. I've never learned.
5. I am terrified of water, unless I have a life jacket on.
6. I used to water ski as a teen- with a life jacket on.
7. Sitting in the shallow end of the pool & watching the other kids swim at swimming parties was not cool or fun.
8. I can't ice skate or roller skate either.
9. I am obviously very uncoordinated.
10. I would rather be cold than hot.
11. Sometimes at night I sneak into Trent's room & put lotion on his drying hands. He hates lotion.
12. I wonder if I am listing any of the same things month after month?
13. The only thing I would change about my 20's- shoot - I would wear a swim suit every single chance I had. Even just around the house. I was so young & stupid!
14. For my 40th birthday I gave myself a present... I am not taking my kids to the pool or water park in the summer anymore. Before you judge me- & I know you are... remember I have been dragging kids, coolers, beach towels & my fat self to the pool/water park for YEARS. I hate it- I HATE IT. I can't swim- I am miserable- I have sensitive skin & the sun does me in- I'm 40 now, I'm done with it! Sorry Trent & Chloe- I may go once in a while but that's it- I really haven't been going for a couple of years now anyway, so really I am giving up the guilt of it -happy birthday to me.
15. I am not a morning person.
16. I read the comics everyday in the paper.
17. Putting gas in my car is one of the sweet things I want my husband to do for me. I really go overboard thanking him when he does it, hoping he will keep doing it.
18. I think every woman (married or not) should read The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura. REally it's a thought provoking read.
19. I have made a lot of friends because of blogging. I really am happy about this.
20. I love to go out to breakfast because of my friend Lori. Brett's favorite meal is breakfast, but I never really understood it until I started going out to breakfast with sky & Lori now & then.
21. Jack is a March baby.
22. Snow in March is very depressing. Spring is so close yet so far.
23. I have a collection of sand from different beaches. It is in little bottles on my bathroom window sill. Just about a 1/2 cup of sand labeled in cute little bottles- I love it. My friends sometimes bring me sand back from vacations- so nice.
24. Jane is my middle name. I was named after my mother.
25. I hate dust- doesn't everyone. There is NO WAY there can be dust in heaven!
26. I love musicals. My favorite right now is... Hairspray. No Wicked. No wait a minute I love forever & ever Les Miserabe. Seeing it last spring on Broadway was an amazing dream come true. I won't mention that I got my picture taken after the show with Jon Val Jon after waiting forever- then Trent erased it off my camera... No I won't bring that up again.
27. I am so excited for the writer's strike to be over- BRing on The Office!
28. I don't want Jack to play rugby... but I am just praying it's all okay.
29. I almost never watch movies.
30. I never want to move again.
31. I am really excited to be a mother-in-law, is that weird? I'm not sure Tony is excited to have me for a mother-in-law... but I think it'll be fun.

7 comments:

Kristy said...

I love these posts! I am able to get to know you better. Do you have sand from San Diego....you probably do if not I will bring you some in a few weeks. Maybe one month I will do this...we will see!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the list...I won't have time to do mine before I leave town...but you can bet you will get some awesome pure white caribbean sand from me when I get back from Cancun

patsy said...

Okay~ I am so excited to get the sand!! I will post a picture of my sand collection soon. You just don't imagine that sand is different, but it really is. Sand from the coast of CA is even different looking from beach to beach. I'm really excited to see the sand you guys bring home!

crystal said...

I'm so jealous of Karrie's sand! (it had to be said first)

1. If you don't post EACH & EVERY one of those blueberry recipes, I will storm your house. I love blueberry, too!

2. On #14...A-MEN! I'm boycotting pools this summer and using a newborn baby as an excuse.

3. I love The Proper Care & Feeding! And I love Dr. Laura!!!

Great list! I'm too lazy to make a fun list. I can't believe you're going to be a MIL!!! I want your Fountain of Youth beauty cream--where is it?

wende said...

amen to the fountain of beauty cream, you are the youngest 40 year old i know! i love that about you! and what's up with dust? i hate it too. GREAT list, i need to do this kind of thing each month.

Jill said...

Who wouldn't want a fun, young MIL like you? I'm sure Tony is happy to be marrying into your family.

The swimming thing is still shocking to me, it seems like it would affect a lot of summer activities. Maybe Brett could take Trent and Chloe to the pool in the summer, then you could have a break at home.

I like going out to breakfast too.

Janae said...

What a fun list! I love, blueberries so much. I think of how fun that would be to get to go out and pick them:) I am in the process of reading that book:) You will be a great MIL and I agree with Wende...youngest 40 year-old around:)