Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day 2008

It's been an exciting Valentine's Day here at our house!
After running treats to the school & picking up balloons I had a couple of friends over for lunch. It was really fun- but I have no pictures. It was nice to visit & talk about what we were doing for our husbands for Valentine's day. It's hard to think of something...


Sky brought me these yummy green Valentine m & m's & lovely soap, plus a really sweet Valentine card.
After lunch & a last minute trip to Target
Trent came home from school - so thrilled- with the funnest day of the year.

Chloe too.
I'm telling you Valentine's Day is the bomb in elementary school.

We had our traditional Valentine family dinner.
This year we had spaghetti with meatballs, garlic bread & veggies plus sweet presents. I had dessert ready to pop in the oven but we were all sick of sweets by then. Maybe tomorrow.
Hailey got some new pj's & socks. At school they had Valentine's you could buy & send to friends as a fundraiser or something. She came home with three of them & was happy to have such cutie pie friends.

I bought Jack got some XOXO boxers and a little box that you push & it says pick up lines- it is so funny. My favorite is... are your feet tired? Because you've been runnin' through my dreams all night long. hee hee hee :)

Later Karen brought us some of these cake pops & the cutest card EVER. These cake pops taste even better than they look- they are sooo good! They are the perfect size too. I was really glad I didn't bother with dessert- these were better anyway. YUM-O
Then... the moment you've been waiting for...
The happy couple, Megan & Tony stopped in to show us the ring.

It's a princess cut diamond with smaller diamonds down both sides & so beautiful.
Not a very good picture, but really gorgeous.
Don't they look cute together? They had been to dinner downtown.
We are so glad they came by.
They let us know that the've decided to get married in the spring instead of summer.
(What the hell? Now I have 2 months to plan a wedding & lose 30 lbs.!!!)
Really the best decision. He is a senior in college & applying for internships & graduate school so this will work out better & they won't have to spend the summer apart.
Here is me & my Valentine. I got up this morning & threw on some jeans & a sweatshirt. I never got back upstairs to get showered or even put on make-up- it was such a busy day. My sweet Valentine is wiped out from early morning snow shoveling- we got seven inches this morning. But he still brought me home a heart shaped box of See's. I love this guy!
*did you have a good Valentine's Day?
*are you completely wiped out?
*what do you think about short/long engagements?
*do you know how I can lose 30lbs in two months?

Today is officially 3 months since my missionary left... missing you sugar boy.

5 comments:

Brent and Ashley said...

Patsy, you are so funny! Looks like there's always something going on at your house! Good luck planning a wedding so soon! And take advantage of living across the street from the worlds best wedding/food lady. And about losing 30 lbs, number one: you look great, number two: you're asking the wrong person! I LOVE to eat and I HATE exercising.

Anonymous said...

what crazy Valentines Day...lots of really great blogging! About losing the 30 lbs I know the best way...throw away the scale and just start planning the wedding it will all work out.

michelle said...

Oh, it sounds like you had such a wonderful day!!! Your family is so blessed to have you! Congratulations on the wedding to be!!! Your daughter, and future son in law look so cute, and happy! We have a duaghter in law that we love like our own! If you need any wedding reception ideas we should talk! We had the kids here,in the backyard. It turned out beautiful! Once they announced they were getting married I instantly joined Weight Watcher's! hee hee :)

Natalie said...

Patsy,
you are so cute and i have been checking out your blog a lot lately. It has been so fun getting to know more about you. I love how positive you are and how you are always doing such cute things for your family and friends.
My really close friends all live FAR away, i have not thought to send them "good mail". What a fabulous idea!
I am still figuring our what "good mail" is but it sounds fun!
Thank you for letting me peek into your life!
natalie allen

everything pink! said...

oh my a wedding!
that is so exciting. since i have been planning my 9 year olds wedding for 9 years I can't wait to see what you do.
as for the 30 pounds, buy 2 pairs of Spanx to wear the day of and you will be great!