Thursday, February 14, 2008

Big News!~ I've been keeping a secret...

(Photo courtesy of Trent) Last Saturday Megan's boyfriend Tony came up secretly from the college town to talk to us.
Oh my, oh my... yes he told us he wanted to marry her... sigh, sniff, aaaah...
So- this morning -
he asked her & she said
*YES!*
SO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS...?
We are going to be planning a wedding for summer &
I will be a mother-in-law.
Tonight they are coming up after dinner & I will post their picture & a picture of the ring!!
*isn't he brave, coming & talking to her parents?
*did your husband do that?- mine didn't- he didn't have to my dad practically asked brett to marry me when they met.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'M SO EXCITED!!!! Love you mom - megs

andrea said...

Oh my! That is so exciting. This is going to be so fun to follow on your blog. Congratulations! What is the missionary going to think missing his sister's wedding?

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I am so excited for her! Do you know what month they are planning on? I really want to make a trip down for it... Congratulations!

Kristy said...

How exciting!! How fun to plan a summer wedding.

Holly said...

WOW! That's great news--and huge news. I think it's wonderful he came to ask y'all. My hubs asked my dad for permission. I have always thought of that as being so respectful and sweet.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Megan! Patsy you won't be the typical MOTHER-IN-LAW. I'm happy for you!

wende said...

YAY! i'm so happy for her. it's 10:30, where the heck is that ring picture? i'm dying to see it! i think tony is a great match for her and i'm glad you both are feeling good about it. i also think trent did a great job taking that photo! yes, rich asked my dad and i think his response was, "what took you so long". rich's dad said that if he was going to pick someone to fish with , it would be me because i must be the most patient person in the world! :) i think marrying into toddler-ville took some guts though, and time. :) congratulations!

Jill said...

It's sweet that he drove up to talk to you and Brett like that. Randy definitely didn't do that for me (my parents lived in Louisiana at the time, but still).

You're not old enough to be a mother-in-law!

Unknown said...

woo hoo!!!

Unknown said...

and my password to post that last comment was

whoeeojk

which really is almost like woo hoo!!

so, double WOO HOO!!