Saturday, February 16, 2008

Video of us driving downtown today- Brett's theme song came on the radio.

Today we had the awesome opportunity to go to see The Five Brown's rehearse for their concert tonight. It was absolutely amazing. Whenever they have a rehearsal they invite local schools to come and watch then ask questions-- through the community council our little school set up a visit. The girls loved it & so did Brett & I. They even picked Chloe to ask a question- it was so exciting. She asked them how old they are... 22-29. someone else asked how long they practice everyday- the oldest said at 10 years old they were practicing 2-3 hours a day!! WOe Nelly... and my girls think 1 hour 5 days a week is bad.

They were so gracious to the kids & so stylish! I wish this picture was better so you could see just how darn cute they all are.

Can you believe this? 5 grand pianos playing at once. It's really something to see. They are amazing! I wish I would've gotten tickets for the performance tonight. They perform about 120 concerts a year & only one or two in Utah- darn it.

When we got home Ruthie & the kids & the peanut came over. He is such a smart baby- he already knows who his favorite auntie is!! Look he's giving me kisses- he is so sweet.

We took him to Target & look he fell asleep as soon as we got there! Later I carried him all around Target & some lady even walked up & told me I had a cute baby...


Then when his mean mom put him back into the car seat- boy was he mad! Look how bad he misses me!!

It's been a busy day- I'm wiped out- as usual. Megan is here going through the wedding details. (all the things that need to be decided right away... dates, guest lists, it's all going pretty smooth so far) I'm kind of glad it will be quick. No sense worrying about it all summer. Megan worked at a reception center during her teenage years so she knows what she does & doesn't want, plus she is not demanding about it so as Brian would say... it's all goooood.

6 comments:

wende said...

oh patsy! i was laughing my head off over the macho man song! brett looks thrilled at least you didn't get an obscene gestures! :) i'm so excited for you to be planning a wedding! i know it's stressful, but it's gotta be kind of fun too. remember to tell megan to savor the moments, even the crazy ones. plus, how did i miss the stinking brown rehearsal? sheesh, i'm an idiot! i totally forgot, my kids would've loved it. me too!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I was able to spend some time at home. I always love coming home. I'm glad you don't think I'm "demanding"!!! Thanks for being so supportive. I love you. -megs

Beth said...

Congratulations Megan and Tony!! How cool!

I love the video of Brett and his theme song... it appears you are the only crazy one having fun in the car, what's that about?

Too funny!

Jill said...

The Macho Man video is pretty funny.

I heard The Five Browns on NPR the other day and was seriously intrigued and impressed with them.

Is the peanut doing any better or is he still crying all the time?

Kristy said...

Love the video! We have crazy moments like that all the time. Our children are always embarrassed by Dad!!!

Janae said...

That video was hilarious!! Too fun:) The rehearsal concert was so amazing! What a great opportunity for our school:) I too had wished I had bought tickets for the actual show. What talented kids they are. I kept thinking...how did they get all 5 of their kids with such amazing talent? Very cute baby:) the sleeping picture is perfect. Congrats to your daughter! So, very exciting! I loved the picture of her ring:)