Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Another Busy Day :)

Today I had such a great/busy day. I am the Legislative V.P. at the Jr high & today was PTA day at the Legislature. I have always wanted to go to -so I was really excited about it. The State Capitol of Utah is Salt Lake City & our Capitol building was recently remodeled to make it earthquake safe, etc. (I was really looking forward to seeing the building.) In fact Pres. Hinckley's last public address was the prayer at the dedication of the building. I left really early, just after Chloe & Trent left for school, hoping to go on the tour that was offered before the workshops started.
Well, I would've gone on the tour if it didn't take me 45 extra minutes to get into the building because of NO PARKING!! I literally parked so far away that you couldn't even see the building & my parking space was straight up a huge hill.
The conference was great. I learned so much about house & senate bills that affect children/schools & how to become more involved. I now wish I could be more involved with the process next year... we'll see.The walk down the hill wasn't too bad- piece of cake but the walk up- OH MY GOSH. How about some funds for parking? It was a hard treck in heals but I made it. I was in a hurry because I was trying to meet with Megan and a wedding photographer early, so that I could be home before the rush hour traffic. Me eating lunch & walking up that hill at the same time, all while having to go to the bathroom was scary for those cars driving by I'm sure.

I just want to document that I know now beyond a shadow of a doubt that God loves me. I know because, right after I got in the car & started driving down the hill it started to rain. Thank you, thank you to the heavens for not raining on me before I got in the car!

Megan & I met with the photographer who we absolutely loved, booked him & picked out invitations! Woo Hoo~ who says weddings have to be complicated?
(oh no I may have just jinxed myself)
I forgot to take a picture of us- I'm not sure she would be willing seeing as she sped up driving past me...
when she saw the camera in my hands!
COWARD
Well I'm home early- missed the traffic- and done with meetings for today.
(I had a bunch yesterday too.)
Everyone is busy with activities tonight...
(jack-rugby/hailey- early youth group/chloe-ballet/Brett - YM president)
so Trent & I are going to the library!
*don't you hate it when you can't find a parking place?
*are you interested in your state & local government?
*do you feel personally blessed when the weather goes your way?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog about the parking brings back memories of when I used to work downtown and either had to park a mile away or spend hours winding around the parking levels of the Beneficial Life tower. I worked on the top floor (25th) and just for fun at luch we would excersise by walking up and down all 25 floors (what was wrong with me?!!!)Glad you had a great day!

Janae said...

This sounds like a crazy/busy/fun day:) and very productive, which is always a bonus. I think it is great you got to go to the state capital. I would like to hear what you learned about. I am sorry about the parking situation though...that sounded like a major drag! Yeah for the rain waiting. Someone was watching out for you:)

Jill said...

That looks like a serious schlep up to the Capitol Building, they should have had shuttles running or something.

Score on booking Megan's photographer and invitations! Things seem to be coming together beautifully.

Rachel said...

Just checking in after a busy busy few weeks. Hooray for Megan! Good luck with the wedding plans. You are going to make the *best* mother-in-law! :)

michelle said...

How fun going to visit the capitol. I would have been huffing, and puffing up that hill too. How exciting to book the photographer, and have ordered invitations.

Beth said...

I am learning slowly how to get involved with government... it was never an interest before, but when you get outside of your box, it isn't as scary as it seems.
Your capitol building is beautiful!

I guess it is real, Megan is getting married! I am excited for her... I know it won't be a nightmare, only fun great experiences like this one for her! COOL!!!

Holly said...

Glad you had a good day--you got a lot done.

Love your expression after climbing the hill! Isn't it fun doucment all the daily ins and outs? Blogging has made me see so many things differently.

wende said...

good job patsy, i have always been more interested in that kind of thing, all of it makes me feel so frustrated that it would be good for me to learn more. call me next year, so far i haven't signed up for anything pta related! i'm so glad you found a photographer, you'll have to email me their name. see ya!

Linda said...

I just came across your blog via Lelly's...hope you don't mind.

That trek down the hill and then back up again...yes, they should have had shuttles or something!

Sounds like you have a daughter getting married, congrats!

Take care.