Saturday, February 2, 2008

Craziness Abounds

Last night was our turn to host Chloe's book group. We made individual pizzas, ate Dove milk chocolates, & discussed this book. The book is one all of my three girls loved at the same age. Having a book group for girls is a lot of fun. It gets them reading something they may have not read before & is really helpful for those young gals who don't like to read! Afterwards they played hide & seek upstairs. Wende came & took them all home- after laughing our heads off with Jack & his friends (who were listening to really funny stuff on I-tunes) then me showing her my new favorite blogs that I am obsessed with! Well.... before all that, yesterday we got 7-8" of new snow.
Oh my gosh- get me out of here!!
Brett & Trent made a snow cave after school & decided they were going to sleep in it? What in the world? I thought they were joking- boy was I wrong- I guess I will never truly understand men. Yes, Brett is a big scouter & has made these in the past- just never slept in them with my eight year old son. CRAZINESS!
They made it until 4:00AM when Brett said it started dripping on them. He learned a few things about snow caves I guess. I am so happy for him.? The temperature inside was a balmy 40 degrees- he kept telling me that like that was going to make me feel better?? They were in heavy duty eddie bauer sleeping bags & tons of clothes but still. I was a wreck all night.

It's hard to see the cave in this picture but this is it. The opening is blocked by sleeping bags it's bigger than it looks. It's still crazy if you ask me. I am glad my son has a father- he is so excited this morning that he slept in a snow cave- one that he made.... I WANT YOU TO KNOW I WOULD NEVER- EVER DO THIS.
CRAZINESS- That's what dad's are for!?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I'm dying over Trent's quote you put up today. He is so funny! The book club looks like so much fun. Love you!-megs

wende said...

thank you for the good laughs and for sharing the cupcake obsession with me, i'm so excited to try some of that stuff! we need to have a baking day together - that would be so fun! ok, so brett IS crazy, but he's also a really cool dad. i couldn't believe they were sleeping in that cave! it was much crazier seeing it in person!

Kristy said...

How fun! I love it when the teen age girls come over to hang out. It is fun just to listen to them go on and on for hours.

There is no way you could pay me to sleep in a snow cave! I don't think I could even climb into one without freaking out. Brett is a GREAT DAD to do that with Trent.

Unknown said...

WOW you are on a blogging frenzy lately. you must have gotten a lot of time at the computer!!
loving all of the updates.

snow fort for me? no way. i have only 2 requirements for camping: i must be warm, and i must be dry. enough said...

Jill said...

Holy Crap, they slept out there?? That's just craziness, but definitely a very cool dad!

Mandy is my favorite book from childhood! What a fun mom you are to host such a gathering.