Monday, November 12, 2007

Why I Didn't Blog Last Week

{BEFORE} Last week was craziness! Loads of work. The new flooring we planned to have done at least a week before our early Thanksgiving had gone MUCH slower than we anticipated. Isn't that the way big jobs go? I should have known. Well I unplugged my computer Monday to paint my floors. Yes to paint my floor. You see we have hard wood veneer in the entry, dining room & kitchen. I wanted to get rid of the carpet on the main level & put in laminate wood but we couldn't match the wood we have. I have always loved painted floors & drooled over pictures of them in magazines so I researched it out a little & decided to go for it. We planned all this in August, started in September just finished the first week in November. When life is happening all around you it takes more time then you think. Well it was worth it & now it's done. There's nothing like the deadline of Thanksgiving at your house to get a job done, even if it is down to the last minute.
{AFTER}
I LOVE IT! It's a good thing too because my body has been in pain since I started. Sitting, kneeling and being hunched over the floor for four days- let's just say my new best friend is Ibuprofen. Thanks Brett for being brave enough to believe I could do it & thanks Brian & jack for all your help.


5 comments:

Beth said...

I will admit, I was cringing when I heard you say paint on the wood floors. But your husband was right to have faith in your creativity and abilities! It looks wonderful! Good Job!

Beth said...

I will admit, I was cringing when I heard you say paint on the wood floors. But your husband was right to have faith in your creativity and abilities! It looks wonderful! Good Job!

Unknown said...

i love it!! you did an amazing job, and got it done under your dealine, too!

Johnna said...

That is amazing! I have never heard of painted floors.....Beautiful as always!

Love you!
Johnna

Jill said...

The floor looks great! It's rather cool that you finally did something you've always wanted to do, congrats.