Thursday, November 29, 2007

Fussy Peanut

This morning after getting the kids off to school, a package off to the missionary, taking some Sally foster papers & visiting with Wende I drove to my sister's house to help with the fussy peanut. Oh my goodness.
Don't let this cute picture below fool you... I didn't get many photos because I was trying to help her pick up a little or holding the fussy guy (screaming constantly.) He has been doing a little better on a hypo allergenic formula. The doctor wanted my sister to try soy so she gave him a bottle of that just before I got there.
Not good.
Luckily she had a little more of the super sensitive stuff left & I fed him a bottle of that a couple of miserable hours later. Even though he was still fussy the change is almost immediate. Poor little guy. He's just a sensitive guy, what can he say?As you can see he's all tuckered out from the fussies! Too bad he only sleeps for 30-40 minutes at a time before he starts up again. I don't know how my sister is keeping sane. The doctor also prescribed some reflux RX. You can tell he has an upset stomach, it's so obvious. Hopefully when that kicks in (two days) that will help too.

I went with her to the store just before I left to buy some of this.
Doesn't he look better already?
All she had was the samples the doctor had given her. We just about passed when we saw the price- even though we knew it was gonna be big bucks - but come on people $27.00 for the little can. They don't even sell it in the big can. I thought my sister was gonna get fussy and cry herself. It's worth it if it helps him even a little!



Driving home I am feeling overwhelmed for her. She is a good mom. It's a tough job.
$27.00 a can formula- let's hope it works!!!
*have you ever had a really fussy baby?

4 comments:

PaD said...

Yes, I had a fussy baby. Nursing her didn't satisfy her so I put her on the formula. I quit nursing and as soon as I'd quit she broke out and cried constantly. We ended up putting her on goats milk. She did really good with that. It was a long time before we found what she could handle. I think she's still allergic to milk but she loves the ice cream and butter etc that is made from milk. I recently bought her a book called "Milk from A-Z" it tells all the illnesses you get from using milk. The doctor who wrote the book calls Milk, pus, hormones and glue.

Beth said...

Oh, I feel so bad for Ruthie! That is beyond tough.
I am so glad you could make the drive up to help her out! It probably meant more than she is able to express because she must be a mess! We will keep them in our prayers!!

wende said...

I'm so sad for her, that is such a tough thing. I really am ok with the screaming baby though, so if she ever needs a different set of arms, let me know. I'm so glad you stopped by to visit, it was a nice little chat. I miss you! We need to get together soon and I don't want to have to schedule some volunteering to see you! Let's do some lunch soon.

Jill said...

Oh my, I feel for her. I haven't ever had a super fussy baby, but even a regular-fussy baby was tough for me to take.

$27 for a can of formula is criminal, but I guess if it calms him down it's definitely worth the price.