Saturday, November 17, 2007

Can you tell I was a little flustered when I took this picture of Brian's package before I sealed it up and sent it? I thought I was all organized but somehow I was just a mess.

I was so excited~ I called a local store that has an MTC same day delivery service (only in Utah, I know.) Well I was thrilled you can drop of a package or a letter and for a small fee they deliver it THAT day by noon.


So, I got some of these & a bunch of other stuff & wrapped it in a box all cute with a bright note saying WE LOVE YOU- YOUR FAMILY!
Then I paid - and the guy behind the counter says- okay it'll be there Monday.
WHAT THE *&%$#@?

The service only runs Monday - Friday.
I started to cry.
That poor guy behind the counter.
Luckily I came home to this...




(Brett & trent working on a ramp for his skate board)
And our first letter from the missionary.
He sounded a little nervous, but good. He sent it Thursday and hadn't gotten any of our letters yet so I could tell that was not good. I am sure he got something Friday & today. I know now he will get some goodies & two day old stale maple bars on Monday so that's good. Sheeeesh! He'll be thrilled for sure.

Well, there's nothing like a trip to Costco the Saturday before Thanksgiving to cheer us up, right? Hopefully tonight we are gonna go see this


* have you ever started crying in the store before?
(I'm really not even a crier- this whole experience has been crazy for me)
*have you seen this movie?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Brian's letter! He definitely sounded anxious for mail. I will try and write him as much as I can- especially with dearelder.com. That thing is amazing. He'll love that package you sent. Love you mom :)-megs

Brit said...

I went and saw Dan in Real Life last week. I really liked it. I'm sure you guys will too!

Beth said...

Brian will love the package, and I am sure he will get a kick out of a follow up letter from you with the story of how it should have been there before noon on Sat. he he he

I don't know Dan... you will have to school me up if it's any good.

Jill said...

What a pisser about the maple bars, that news would have been crushing to me too.

I cried once in an Old Navy store because a woman was verbally abusing her little boy so badly. I kept thinking, if this is what she says in public, what must she say when they're at home. It rocked my world to hear it.

I saw that movie and really liked it.