Thursday, November 29, 2007

Patsy's Great Gift Idea #3

Children's Museum Yearly/Six Month Pass
Several years back my sweet sister in law Beth gave our family one of the best gifts ever. A pass to the children's museum in Seattle. Of course, we lived in the area then. (It wouldn't be much good here in Utah now would it?)

The kids absolutely loved it. We only got to go a couple of times before we moved to Denver & when we got there we bought one there. It was such a great thing for our kids!

Why do I love it? You can go anytime! It's air conditioned in the summer, heated in the winter, & endless fun for the whole family. When we came to Utah 10 years ago the Salt Lake children's museum was extremely lacking. But good news for us... the new one at the Gateway just opened last year & it is state of the art - fantastic! It is pricey but worth it. We didn't get one right off the bat because I was so silly thinking we needed one for 8 people. Like Megan, Brian, jack or even Hailey are going to want to go?! (Downsizing my family has been difficult for me.)

So for Christmas we are getting a pass that will be for Brett & I, Chloe, Trent & a friend. That way they can bring someone with them or on the off chance one of the older kids want to go we are prepared. (hey a gal can dream can't she?)

Check out the Salt Lake City Gateway Children's Discovery Museum here.

*have you ever been to a children's museum?

2 comments:

wende said...

DANG! This such a good idea, I wished I would've done this for my Josh's family. I'm an eager beaver so I'm already done with their stuff. Next year I guess...I love you gift idea posts by the way. I love reading your blog!

Jill said...

I've been to that museum and was very impressed. The kids loved it and I enjoyed it too, except that the day we went was crazy because we were there with a home school group so it was crowded. I think a pass is a great idea. I'm thinking about getting a pass for Thanksgiving Point because Whitney is always asking to go to the dinosaur museum.