Wednesday, May 12, 2010

what we've been up to

On Sunday the boys (that's what I call our dogs) brett, trent & chloe went for a walk.
Chloe, our budding photographer took photos.
I think she's got a great eye for photos.
She also took this one of the flowers Brian gave me for mother's day.
Gorgeous

She is a very artsy gal-
her is a recent chalk drawing she did in art class.
I had her take a photo to show her Grandmothers who are both fantastic artists.

It wasn't quite done yet...
but still-
I love it!!
Chloe gave me one of the best gifts ever two days ago.

She came into the laundry room while I was sewing on these patches on my latest project and said- "mom, I'm glad I didn't quit piano. I really like it now."
wow
I am so glad she didn't quit too.
I'm also so happy she wasn't too proud to share this with me.

Tomorrow is my creative day & I will be finishing up this little quilt.
I have been working on it for a while now in between chores. I am thrilled to say I have gotten a bunch of chores done this week- you know the kind of stuff you dread & put off. I have been giving myself permission to work on it after finishing something- It's got me going!
I have named it
Bridge Mix
because I was eating bridge mix while making it & I think it fits.
I love bridge mix & I love this quilt.
but I love Chloe more

8 comments:

Linda said...

Your Chloe is such a beautiful and talented girl! The painting she did of the ballerina is gorgeous. She certainly does have the eye.

I reward myself with computer time after I finish a chore. It works!

The quilt is darling...you're pretty talented too!

chloe said...

thanks Mom!! I love you too. :D

Kristy said...

I love the quilt....it is so dang CUTE!!!!

Chole's picture is awesome....I wish I talent in the art area!

Janae said...

Wow! Chloe's art is seriously impressive! I love that ballerina...amazing! I love that darling quilt also:)
What a wonderful treat to hear about the piano. I am hoping for that from some of my daughters one day.

wende said...

that chalk drawing is amazing! good job chloe! and seriously, that comment alone makes all the money you put towards piano in her life time, worth every penny!

i love that quilt - i am in LOVE with that quilt. i can't wait to make one of my own. :)

Jill said...

Wow, Chloe's picture is absolutely amazing! She is a very talented girl in so many ways.

I love your quilt and love its name!

michelle said...

Chloe's picture is gorgeous! Such lovely colors. And so is your quilt – man, I want to make one like that someday! I am totally impressed by how much quilting you get done, you are a rock star.

She Loves To Make said...

I had no idea Chloe was that good at art! That picture is beautiful!