Tuesday, May 25, 2010

another reason I'm so happy Brian is home...

Yesterday he helped me start painting! I can't even begin to tell you how badly this needs to be done.
It's down right embarrassing.
This is our fourth home- I have painted each one of them- nearly every room- nearly completely
on. my. own.
This house when we bought it had over 3,000 square feet of 80's wallpaper on the walls, even up the stair wells... but I loved the location & the layout so much still... it was so hard. Brett helped me a ton- and the kids... they can peel wallpaper like nobody's business. Still, it took months & months of work to complete. Frankly, I just couldn't stomach the thought of doing it again. Even though I knew I didn't have as much work to do as then... I still- just couldn't do it.
So--- hooray for Brian who took some time off work & let me just tell ya- one of the best things he ever did was work (two summers before he left on his mission) for a painter. The kid knows how to paint! What a GREAT life skill! He's been caulking & prepping. Oh boy- someday he will be a great husband.
Thanks Bri
We'll finish up soon-


4 comments:

jakenapril said...

uh, so my question is: how much does he charge and when can he come over?

hooray for handy and helpful sons! and yes, he will make some girl fabulously happy, won't he? it's hard to see when they're 2 and 3, but after a mission...yeah.

michelle said...

Oh, man, stripping wallpaper is a job from hell! We had to do it in 2 rooms and I thought that was going to kill me.

Hooray for Brian helping you! I hope my sons will be as willing when they're a little older...

Jill said...

What a boost to have a newly painted room and to have Brian doing the work!

wende said...

i totally feel you in the wall paper hell department. oh man does that suck royal.

one more reason to love brian. and for REAL, he could charge money, i would pay him just for the dang prep work, that's the worst part.

what a stud.