Monday, May 24, 2010

sunday farewell

Yesterday we went to Sacrament meeting at one of Jack's best friend's services.
It was amazing.
Second from the left in the dark suit is
Zach
Zach is going to leave on Wednesday for the
Indianapolis, Indiana mission.
Listening to Zach talk was so emotional for me. He is such a great kid. I've seen him grow from a little 9th grader, to a H.S. student, then a college student, & now a confident man.
A mom can't ask for more than GREAT friends for her kids...
and Zach is one of the great ones for sure.
Good luck Zach - dunk some peeps!
I was so sad I didn't take notes & vowed to myself...
that's it!
I'm bring a notebook to church & taking notes from now on.
I have read about Michelle & Jill doing it for forever now, and I know it will make a huge difference in how I come away from my Sunday meetings.
those guys are so inspiring...

4 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I love that last picture. I can't believe Zach is leaving on a mission!

michelle said...

What a great photo of (some of) your kids! It must be hugely rewarding to see your children and their friends making right choices. Good friends are so important.

Jill said...

That's such a great picture of the kids!

I think church note taking has changed my life! It's crazy to me to consider not doing it at this point.

wende said...

maybe note taking would help me stay awake in church?

i love this photo of the kids, i sure love them all.